Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to add the quad tips to my 2019 sxt. I was thinking black, but stainless is good too.

Any recomendations on a specific tip, and/or advice on size?

Thanks

·
Registered
139 Posts
I bought some offset angle cut tips for mine, but had to cut them so they couldn't stick out too much.
I got a hellcat catback put on, so i frankensteined them even more afterwards.

Anyway, get 2.5 I/D, maybe 3.5 O/D, and you'll he all right.

·
Registered
139 Posts
You're right, i meant 2 and 1/4. At least thats the case on '15 models.
I'd double check just to be sure, in case they changed it for newer models.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I oredered the black Chrome. After debate I thought, I will know I could have gotten black chrome and I went cheap over $30. Even if I am the only one whoever sees it LOL

·
Registered
2020 Challenger SP WB - Hellraisin, A8, Plus Pckg, Tech Grp, Driver Conv, Alpine, Sunroof, Spoiler
213 Posts
I oredered the black Chrome. After debate I thought, I will know I could have gotten black chrome and I went cheap over $30. Even if I am the only one whoever sees it LOL
make sure to come back with pics. im thinking of doing the same with mine.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,851 Posts
I think those may be too long. There is only a short stub of tail pipe on the end of the resonator, and it's not that far from the opening in the rear fascia

Be sure and get the old Bright Tips back regardless, they go for $230+ each new

A Guy

Reactions: steved13

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think those may be too long. There is only a short stub of tail pipe on the end of the resonator, and it's not that far from the opening in the rear fascia
View attachment 1011582
Be sure and get the old Bright Tips back regardless, they go for $230+ each new

A Guy
Thanks but I don't have the rear muffler/resonator on my car. It's been changed to a straight through resonator. They can cut and weld if needed...lol lotsa room without the stock one there.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,851 Posts
Awesome! Looking forward to pictures (y)

A Guy

Reactions: steved13

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I went to the muffler shop. they looked and said the rear valance had to come of to remove the factory tips.

I did a quick google and it led me back to this forum, and saw you need to pull down on the valence and the tip, whic brings the 2 screws that are hardto get at at and angle they can be removed. I got those 2 off in about 30 minutes laying on the ground. The other 6 screws are pretty easy they shoudl be able to do it on the lift.

I should get back there monday and get the tips on.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger SP WB - Hellraisin, A8, Plus Pckg, Tech Grp, Driver Conv, Alpine, Sunroof, Spoiler
213 Posts
I went to the muffler shop. they looked and said the rear valance had to come of to remove the factory tips.

I did a quick google and it led me back to this forum, and saw you need to pull down on the valence and the tip, whic brings the 2 screws that are hardto get at at and angle they can be removed. I got those 2 off in about 30 minutes laying on the ground. The other 6 screws are pretty easy they shoudl be able to do it on the lift.

I should get back there monday and get the tips on.
good work. seems a good shop should be able to diagnose stuff like that, but good on you for getting 'er done (y)

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here are the before and after pics.

I'm not sure I am going to keep these. I may go a larger size to fill the area better. Opinions and input on that would be welcome and appreciated.

It is the same car. New difuser and license plate. I tink the plate might be the best mod.

Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle registration plate Automotive parking light Vehicle
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,515 Posts
I am adding a hellcat cat back on my R/T and I do have brand new black oem tips. I want dual rectangular tips like the "E" bodies but can not find any for the Hellcat exhaust. Anyone ever run across any?

·
Registered
2016 Challenger R/T Scat Pack Pitch Black A8
919 Posts
Years ago I bought 2 dual rectangular tips for one of my 1971Chargers that had 2.5 inch exhaust pipes. 20 years later they are still on there and still look good. Don't know if something like that can be made to fit Hellcat exhaust or not but it is an idea.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Nice clean diffuser. Who is the manufacturer?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
213 Posts
Here are the before and after pics.

I'm not sure I am going to keep these. I may go a larger size to fill the area better. Opinions and input on that would be welcome and appreciated.

It is the same car. New difuser and license plate. I tink the plate might be the best mod.

View attachment 1012654 View attachment 1012655
just my opinion so take it for what it's worth, but I think they look better than the stock tips, good job. BUT I agree a little bigger would fit the car better. Also, depending on your trim and rims, black might look good. I dont understand why they do silver tips. there is literally no chrome or silver on my car anywhere expect the tips!

ETA - love the dark plate on the car too!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts