1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
245 Posts
Well I'm not a car genius or anything but the airflow would seem rough, for instance most CAI have an L shape that rounds the corner toward the throttle body not a sharp 45, reason for this I'm assuming is because the better the air travels, the more the car can breathe. So from looking at this picture of a dual CAI a straight 45 turn from both sides sounds like air will be restricted and might reduce performance, Just my two cents

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Cam from CTP has a dual setup he can hook you up with. If you're interested I would contact him rather than this eBay thing.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
It's something that would be different at car shows, but I wouldn't count on any performance gains. In fact, considering where the filters are located, performance could go backwards. They're going to be pulling in a lot of hot air.

·
Registered
165 Posts
John and John, thanks for the prod. :thumbsup:

And OP, you don't want that kit. First off it was a lame attemp at ripping off my design, the collector flows like garbage and it'll do nothing but suck in engine bay heat like was already pointed out.

A dual tube cai with the filters pulling from both fender areas would be cool.
Well, matter of fact I happen to think so too.

This is the system I developed and build.

If you'd like more information that can be found here and on our website.

Twin Cold Air Intake System Sales. - LX Forums | Dodge Charger Challenger Magnum | SRT8 | Chrysler 300 Forum

Pictures of candy red and black chrome dual CAI systems - LX Forums | Dodge Charger Challenger Magnum | SRT8 | Chrysler 300 Forum

·
Banned
811 Posts
John and John, thanks for the prod. :thumbsup:

And OP, you don't want that kit. First off it was a lame attemp at ripping off my design, the collector flows like garbage and it'll do nothing but suck in engine bay heat like was already pointed out.

Well, matter of fact I happen to think so too.

This is the system I developed and build.

If you'd like more information that can be found here and on our website.

Twin Cold Air Intake System Sales. - LX Forums | Dodge Charger Challenger Magnum | SRT8 | Chrysler 300 Forum

Pictures of candy red and black chrome dual CAI systems - LX Forums | Dodge Charger Challenger Magnum | SRT8 | Chrysler 300 Forum
Now that looks cool. Pun intended.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts