Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the difference between this "amazing" royal purple is compared to other brand oil?? Would i see a difference in performance, or is it just a waste of money???

·
Premium Member
9,670 Posts
What is the difference between this "amazing" royal purple is compared to other brand oil?? Would i see a difference in performance, or is it just a waste of money???
Go search for owners reviews of the product, I've never used it and use Mobil 1 instead. Personally I'm sure it's a fine product but more likely it's just a marketing thing.

·
Registered
956 Posts
If you track the car on a regular basis or otherwise see a lot of redline action then a higher quality synthetic like RP might be worthwhile, but if your car is mostly a runaround grocery getter then plain synthetic is already above and beyond. It's not a waste when used appropriately, but spending money just for the sake of spending money doesn't get you anything.

Reactions: rayzazoo

·
Premium Member
3,339 Posts
I echo what others have said. However in my car (many mods to entire driveline, nose to tail) the recommended fluids was RP. It is more expensive but to me, I feel the protection is quite worth it. Practically everything that had fluid in it has an RP product in it, only the best for my Angelina!

·
Super Moderator
14,195 Posts
I've heard good and some bad things about Royal Purple. It's not worth the money IMO. If you want a quality synthetic, buy Mobil 1. If its good enough for NASCAR, its good enough for our Challengers.

·
Registered
956 Posts
I echo what others have said. However in my car (many mods to entire driveline, nose to tail) the recommended fluids was RP. It is more expensive but to me, I feel the protection is quite worth it. Practically everything that had fluid in it has an RP product in it, only the best for my Angelina!
A blown stroker for instance would be an excellent candidate for RP. :)

I used it in the long service interval fluids on my truck, like the differential and transmission, but stuck with Mobil 1 or Amsoil for the engine for cost. Amsoil for the Challenger so far.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
From what I hear RP is good stuff,for My Daytona,always used Mobil 1,5/20.For the SRT only one oil change,took to the dealer they used Penzoil SRT 0 40,at the time no one else had 0/40,I think Mobil 1 has it now ,not sure? I go to the dealer about every 3rd change so they can check trans fluid.I need to get a trans check tool.And study up on it,I hear the trans fluid needs to be a certain temp,not sure?I also like Amisol or Brad Penn for my Muscle cars for the zinc content.Brad Penn is a cool green color.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts