Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, hello to everyone.

I'm new to this forum and a bit overwhelmed. In fact I'm not sure if I'm even officially qualified to be here because I have not yet actually purchased a Challenger. I have been shopping around for a used one though for a couple of months now and I am seriously looking at a 2015 R/T Scat Pack . It looks awesome.

I'm trying to do as much research as I can and I was hoping to gain some knowledge.
Please keep in mind that I'm a low tech 53 year old currently driving a 1995 car and be gentle with me.

Ok, now for the dumb question:
I just realized that the car does not have a traditional CD player. My music collection consists of 4-5 thousand tracks burned on CDs in MP3 format. How do I get to use these with the sound system in the car? The description says it has a Uconnect 8.4.

Thank you in advance.

·
Premium Member
2016 SRT
458 Posts
Well you’re gonna have to transfer your music to usb or to your phone and play through usb or Bluetooth. As a bonus getting them off cd and into digital format preserves them from the freak accident as well.

·
Super Moderator
15,388 Posts
I had a similar matter when I ordered my '16 SP Shaker - either USB stick or SD card (your '15 has both)

I have a large CD collection - while my car was on order I ripped music from the CDs to my computer hard drive, then transferred to SD cards.
-my media is in the original .wav format - so approx 21-22 CDs fit on each SD card...

The owners manual states 32GB is largest size (others have used larger in other posts about this) and FAT32 is the preferred format for you USB or SD card media.

I like the SD card format - as I have the music on shuffle mode - it takes weeks before I notice a track repeat, then I'll switch out for another card...

Less bulk and I used to rip tracks off original release CDs and have "car only" CDs that way if anything got damaged, my originals were safe.

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
Since they are already in MP3 format, it's just a matter of copying them to the USB or SD drives. the SD card will fir inside the armrest, without sticking out. I use a really tiny USB drive, that barely sticks, out. Either one is fine. A USB thumb drive that sticks out a bunch may get broken, or worse, damage the USB slot.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Some transfer software also allows you to save the album cover art so it displays on your Uconnect screen while the song is playing. Just google the name of the album you want and it's easy to find the art.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for the help and quick responses. I appreciate it.
It sounds easy enough to just copy the discs to SD card(s).
Once inserted in the card slot, does the display give a listing of the tracks and give you something like a scroll option to get to what you want? Currently, they're in alphabetical order.

·
Super Moderator
15,388 Posts
Thank you all for the help and quick responses. I appreciate it.
It sounds easy enough to just copy the discs to SD card(s).
Once inserted in the card slot, does the display give a listing of the tracks and give you something like a scroll option to get to what you want? Currently, they're in alphabetical order.
There are lists that appear on the screen that allow you to:
>Artist
>>Album
>>>titles

There also supposed to be by Genre, but that didn't seem to work for me...

You use the right side console knob "tuner" and you can scroll up/ down and push button in center to select

the "back" button allows you to go back up the various levels.

You can play in order, shuffle an album or shuffle among all the tracks if you like

titles of song will display on the screen - and if uploaded with the files, the artwork.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts