Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My R/T is supposed to have the bilsteins all the way around, when taking off the front shocks, they were all black and not yellow (as bilsteins normally are), does this mean they weren't bilsteins??

Dumb I know...

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
When vendors are under contract and make kits or supply parts to manufacturers, they may not look or be painted the same as what the vendor would normally give you if you would buy the parts from them.

·
Registered
576 Posts
^ Ditto, they are produced for Chrysler by the OEM with a black powdercoat finish... And it's good that they are because with th estock wheel well gap it would really stand out if it was yellow...

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have a 09 RT with STP and it doesn't have bilsteins, I don't even think it was an option on the RT...They come stock though on the SRT-8's and they are yellow.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
First off...there are no dumb questions, just dumb answers and you will see many on this website. As per your perfectly good question, it is my understanding that the SRT comes with the yellow Bilsteins, not the R/T. Who told you the R/t had them?

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I have a 09 RT with STP and it doesn't have bilsteins, I don't even think it was an option on the RT...They come stock though on the SRT-8's and they are yellow.
First off...there are no dumb questions, just dumb answers and you will see many on this website. As per your perfectly good question, it is my understanding that the SRT comes with the yellow Bilsteins, not the R/T. Who told you the R/t had them?
....some of us with the STP option (on the R/T) have Bilsteins while others have the Nivomats. Mine came with Bilsteins and they are black.

·
Registered
145 Posts
On the r/t six speeds trak pack they have nivomats standard, i replaced mine with the srt8 bilsteins which are yellow. Plus nivos keep the car at its factory height under any load condition

·
Super Moderator
16,477 Posts
Look on the white Chrylser label (has mfgr of origin) to see what supplier made them. I've seen posts (w/ pix) of black body bilsteins on R/Ts w/ Super Track Pack option.

There's also the label by Bilstein on the lower portion of shock that appears on the black body shocks.

It seems the SRT models get the yellow body shocks, but not certain if this continues on the 2011s or not...

The 'standard' R/T spec shock is Sachs, which are black body color. The white label on the top part of the shock will indicate this as well.

·
Registered
576 Posts
My 2009 SRT8 6 Speed stock shocks were black and my 2011 R/T Auto with STP has black bodied Bilsteins...

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, come to find out I have the Bilsteins all the way around.

I lowered my R/T with Vogtland springs and it is stated that it would lower the car 1.8" on all 4 corners, and it rides pretty bouncy, I had assumed with Bilstein HD's it would have taken the difference in ride height a little better.

Are the R/T and SRT shocks/struts the same?

·
Super Moderator
16,477 Posts
Ok, come to find out I have the Bilsteins all the way around.

I lowered my R/T with Vogtland springs and it is stated that it would lower the car 1.8" on all 4 corners, and it rides pretty bouncy, I had assumed with Bilstein HD's it would have taken the difference in ride height a little better.

Are the R/T and SRT shocks/struts the same?
SRT spec shocks are stiffer on compression and rebound specs over the R/T shocks: (2008 - 2010 specs)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
i thought STP came out with the 2010 PCP crs???? how did an '09 get it?
SRT spec shocks are stiffer on compression and rebound specs over the R/T shocks: (2008 - 2010 specs)

does this chart show the nivo"s or the bilsteins for the RTs?? it doesnt look like it shows both

·
Super Moderator
16,477 Posts
i thought STP came out with the 2010 PCP crs???? how did an '09 get it?

does this chart show the nivo"s or the bilsteins for the RTs?? it doesnt look like it shows both
That chart is from the early '09 production - the STP option came out after in 2010 models.

The Sachs is standard on R/T and SE,
6-speed R/T (non-STP) got Sachs Nivomats

It appears that the STP option went to Bilsteins

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
'10 R/T 6 speed w/track pack. Bilsteins. (black)

·
Registered
48 Posts
I was reading about this on another forum. It appears somewhere in the '10 model year the 6-speed cars went from Sachs Nivomats to Bilsteins. My 6-speed was built Oct 2010 and has the Nivomats.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I was reading about this on another forum. It appears somewhere in the '10 model year the 6-speed cars went from Sachs Nivomats to Bilsteins. My 6-speed was built Oct 2010 and has the Nivomats.
....my '10 is an auto and I have Bilsteins with the STP option.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts