Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
my engine gets dusty enough already....

So does mine. Never had this issue with my '10 R/TC, but my '16 SP gets real dusty, real fast, and all seals are good.

Got to figure out the best way to clean the inside hood liner. I can see the "dirt marks" coming into the engine compartment from the hood ducts. It turns into a dusty pig pretty quickly, but sure is fun to drive! lol

·
Super Moderator
16,210 Posts
So does mine. Never had this issue with my '10 R/TC, but my '16 SP gets real dusty, real fast, and all seals are good.

Got to figure out the best way to clean the inside hood liner. I can see the "dirt marks" coming into the engine compartment from the hood ducts. It turns into a dusty pig pretty quickly, but sure is fun to drive! lol
Probably vacuum with a brush attachment to get the surface stuff off is a first step.

You might want to drape over the engine (when cool) to catch any dust / grit that might come off.

Then try using a bristle brush to get the more stubborn stuff. Don't get too aggressive on it, just in case so you don't fray any fibers. [Shakers don't have underhood pads, so I don't have any direct experience recently]

I wouldn't wet that insulation pad, it might stain it or worse yet, make a mess out of it.

If you're really going OCD, upholstery / interior shampoo and then vacuuming afterward might be an additional step - that's mostly foam and not much moisture.

Reactions: 19johned53

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Probably vacuum with a brush attachment to get the surface stuff off is a first step.

You might want to drape over the engine (when cool) to catch any dust / grit that might come off.

Then try using a bristle brush to get the more stubborn stuff. Don't get too aggressive on it, just in case so you don't fray any fibers. [Shakers don't have underhood pads, so I don't have any direct experience recently]

I wouldn't wet that insulation pad, it might stain it or worse yet, make a mess out of it.

If you're really going OCD, upholstery / interior shampoo and then vacuuming afterward might be an additional step - that's mostly foam and not much moisture.

Thanks Hal. I was wondering about getting that too wet, and what it might turn into. I'll try the dry method first during it's Spring clean up.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts