Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do not believe I have seen any posts stating that they used Dynamat or similar product on the Barton shifter to silence it. I know many of us have literally wrapped the entire Hurst shifter with sound deadening material.... has anyone determined whether this is needed with the Barton?

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
I will let you know in about a week once mine gets here but I highly doubt any will be needed...
Did not need any on the mustang with the Barton...

Dale

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
I already had some dynamat on my car from when I had the Hurst. I wouldn't worry about the Barton it's pretty quiet.

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
I had a pretty bad noise issue (IMHO) but it wasnt from the Barton...it was the fact that there is a foam gasket that goes around the metal floor cover that was completely crushed and it REALLY made a racket in the car. I had a roll of dynomat and used it to make a gasket around the entire hole in the floor and added some to both sides of the rear mounting bolt of the shifter and the block that holds the bushing and it is now completely silent...you still hear a tiny bit of gear whine in the lower gears but no more than you did with the stock shifter...mine is pretty much completely silent and with zero dynomat on the actual shifter...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts