Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my Challenger in for a CMR tune today. The weather was hot as could be (95F), but I was honestly still disappointed at how low my HP number was. FYI - I have a CAI, Cat Back and 180 T-Stat.

I know that no two dynos are repeatable...but it surprised me all the same.

Before the CMR Tune I was getting 300 HP and 345 FT LBS with the 93 CAI canned tune.

After the CMR Tune I am getting 330 HP and 375 FT LBS.

Am I right to feel like my Torque numbers are higher than I should expect but my horsepower is lower?

Opinions?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
5.7L. It's a 2010 R/T Auto.

·
Banned
1,540 Posts
Yeah, do a pull on a cool day and watch the results. Torque on a 5.7 will exceed the horsepower, which is a good thing, because torque is what moves our car's fat ass.

Jack

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
There are a lot of variables when dynoing; weather, type of dyno, and I think even the way you strap the car down can change the outcome (not sure on that though, just something I heard once).

My R/T dynoed 358rwhp and 384rwtq after getting my custom tune done on a dyno dynamics while the weather was in the upper 80s low 90s. On a dyno dynamics(very similar to a mustang dyno) you can expect to see a stock R/T in the low 300s, a stock SRT8 in the 330-340 range, and I've even seen a new 392 put out 384rwhp & 384rwtq on one. <- which is a lot lower compared to a dyno jet

1 - 8 of 8 Posts