Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought I'd toy around with this b/c I was bored. Here's a chart I made up comparing the stock 370, 392, and a H/C Spartan. I'll make changes as I go along with adding Supercharger setups based on dyno graphs that are on the forum just as are the ones below. Dynojet is the type of dyno. I sure there will be variances like temperature etc but this will give you a ballpark figure and also some discussion as far as what modifications will benefit each vehicle.

It'll give a snapshot as to where a person might focus their modifications, e.g. more toward bottom end torque or top end hp. 5280 represents the hp/tq split. Enjoy.

A few notable mentions:
- 392; approx 60 rwtq and 60 rwhp across the rpm band than the stock 6.1L
- 6.1L; from stock form, datalogging a 1/4mi run, the shift goes from approx 6200 rpms to 4200 rpms in 1-2, and 2-3.

I'll rework the 5.7L numbers as I'm still attempting to find graphs for that.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Nice chart. That's some good information. I think part of the 6.4's gains come from that dual stage, composite intake it has. Not only it's displacement and heads. I'm going to be real interested to see what happens when someone slaps one of those 6.4 intakes on a 6.1. I think it's going to pick up all over the board, in hp and tq. Not only from the dual stage benefit, but also from the fact that it doesn't retain heat like our aluminum one. It should run much cooler, helping make more power, also.

·
Registered
298 Posts
greeeeaaat info! thanks for that info.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts