Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The day has come!

Finally was able to get her on a good dyno and a great tuner @ Church’s Automotive Testing in Wilmington for all of the Los Angeles drivers here.

Recently did the 392 intake manifold along with the injectors, but it was running waaay too rich for me to drive it.

First baseline pulls were absolute dog Sh$t. I knew it might be down on power, but the engine must have been pulling a lot of timing

About 289 whp. He said factory R/T’s that he’s tested usually run 320-330 on his dyno.

But after tinkering with it he was able to get me to 346 whp and 416 wtq! These cars make 410 torque to the crank factory!

Cant wait to do some 0-60 calculations and hit the track once everyones done with this corona virus

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
6,032 Posts
I’m having trouble reading the information those sheets present. Did he do two pulls before and two after the tune, and that’s what the graphs show?

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m having trouble reading the information those sheets present. Did he do two pulls before and two after the tune, and that’s what the graphs show?
So i made notes with my serial killer-like handwriting to try and help lol. Torque band is on the left and HP on the right. He made many runs but the lower graph is when it came in, and the higher numbers are after the tune obv

He did many pulls, maybe 10+ but the two low power pulls were the average runs he got, and the post tune pull i believe was the highest number pull he graphed.

It definitely went in stages and not all the pulls are represented here

He got her up to 330 and 400 wheel after correcting the fuel and then he really started going in and tweaking it

·
Registered
On Order - 2020 Scat Pack Hellraisin Shaker
169 Posts
Interesting dyno in the video. I thought normally the cars are strapped down pretty good. Looks like this was jacked up and something was attached to the wheel hub?

-Eric

·
Registered
On Order - 2020 Scat Pack Hellraisin Shaker
169 Posts

Its a good read if anyone is interested in learning about this dyno system.
That is interesting. I am not sure I am sold though. A lot of discussion about eliminating variables associated with the wheel & tire. I suppose so....but they will be a factors when going down the street/track, so maybe they should be considered? Sort of like "We got 5 more hp by removing the rear wheels, our dyno tune is better".

I cannot tell exactly how it works and if the car is resting on its suspension or on its jack points. I have always been concerned with running the drivetrain with the rear axle hanging - it dramatically increases the U-joint angles. Okay for a test, but I wouldn't put any load on them in that position.

Cool though, I learned something. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah i feel you on the concerns...however his dyno is an awd rated for 1200 in the rear and 1800 in the front.

He consistently is tuning 6,7,800+ cts v’s and an assortment of hondas as well.

Looking around at comparative tests also, these tend to read LOWER then dynojets and mustang dynos

·
Registered
5 Posts
So i made notes with my serial killer-like handwriting to try and help lol. Torque band is on the left and HP on the right. He made many runs but the lower graph is when it came in, and the higher numbers are after the tune obv

He did many pulls, maybe 10+ but the two low power pulls were the average runs he got, and the post tune pull i believe was the highest number pull he graphed.

It definitely went in stages and not all the pulls are represented here

He got her up to 330 and 400 wheel after correcting the fuel and then he really started going in and tweaking it
Excuse me what can I do to increase my v6 speed and power and growl I made a post few minutes ago help me out if u can

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also forgot to add, if you guys are running a 15-17 with an unlocked diablo PCM , HP tuners works just fine without needing another $250 pcm unlock

The great guys at HP confirmed this with me over email, and my tuner had seen this before.

So to clarify, i have a 16 RT with a pcm from diablo that was unlocked in 2019, and works fine with HP tuners.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Man nice work! I should look into HP..Here is my dyno chat..we have very similar mods. Look at your torque at 3K wow. This is from a chassis dyno as well, so very comparable!

Dyno 2019.jpg

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Man nice work! I should look into HP..Here is my dyno chat..we have very similar mods. Look at your torque at 3K wow. This is from a chassis dyno as well, so very comparable!
Wow yeah you’re right!

I just thought all my mods were pretty torque heavy, but it looks like your tuner squeezed a little
Extra hp too.

Mind sharing what else you’ve modded?

Also what rpm did you set the intake valves too? I tried 4600 on the dyno and you can see the drop off before it spikes, so i lowered it to 4400

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,566 Posts
That is interesting. I am not sure I am sold though. A lot of discussion about eliminating variables associated with the wheel & tire. I suppose so....but they will be a factors when going down the street/track, so maybe they should be considered? Sort of like "We got 5 more hp by removing the rear wheels, our dyno tune is better".

I cannot tell exactly how it works and if the car is resting on its suspension or on its jack points. I have always been concerned with running the drivetrain with the rear axle hanging - it dramatically increases the U-joint angles. Okay for a test, but I wouldn't put any load on them in that position.

Cool though, I learned something. Thanks for sharing.
But when it comes down to it, it doesn't matter if it was a water wheel on the tires measuring the power. His before and after the tune was impressive. The actual numbers don't matter, the track is the real dyno, but gaining that much torque has to feel like you dropped in a blower.

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger RT Pitch Black Clear-coat
84 Posts
Definitely looking at these gains. Impressive. What numbers are you pushing now to the crank and torque wise?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Wow yeah you’re right!

I just thought all my mods were pretty torque heavy, but it looks like your tuner squeezed a little
Extra hp too.

Mind sharing what else you’ve modded?

Also what rpm did you set the intake valves too? I tried 4600 on the dyno and you can see the drop off before it spikes, so i lowered it to 4400
in addition to the 6.4 intake, I'm running a Hellcat lower intake, 6.4 shorties+mids..flowmaster outlaw mufflers...Hemifever 91 tune + TCM tune. I want to say my runners are set to 4700?

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
in addition to the 6.4 intake, I'm running a Hellcat lower intake, 6.4 shorties+mids..flowmaster outlaw mufflers...Hemifever 91 tune + TCM tune. I want to say my runners are set to 4700?
Interesting, i think our inly variable is my tuner like more torque and your likes hp....oh and you’re auto

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I wonder what made yours so rich? Are the 6.4 injectors the same size as the stockers? Nice gains, btw.
Yes not much difference but definitely not the same part number and psi, computer thought everything was fine but fuel was coming out the exhaust. So basically it was not burning it, and the computer had no idea because the 02’s are onky reading whats being burnt. Untill you get in the computer, you are running rich.

Ill not that the only reason i switched was because i could see my old injectors getting fouled

1 - 20 of 20 Posts