Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
in addition to the 6.4 intake, I'm running a Hellcat lower intake, 6.4 shorties+mids..flowmaster outlaw mufflers...Hemifever 91 tune + TCM tune. I want to say my runners are set to 4700?
Hey, when you installed your manifold, did Hemifever update your tune? I had a custom tune from him before I installed mine, and I recently emailed him to get it updated for the new intake manifold. He said my pre-existing tune would automatically adapt to it so I'm wondering what your experience was.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Hey, when you installed your manifold, did Hemifever update your tune? I had a custom tune from him before I installed mine, and I recently emailed him to get it updated for the new intake manifold. He said my pre-existing tune would automatically adapt to it so I'm wondering what your experience was.
Without changing the cam, there probably isnt much you can do to the tune by just the manifold swap

That being said there are advantages to a dyno tune like seeing where your power drops off and adjusting the rpm the valves open.

On our 5.7’s i saw the power drop early around 4400, the 6.4 cam drops off higher which is why everyone sets the msd to 4700-4800

But I definitely think you could pickup some peak hp and torque from a retune, although not much.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Without changing the cam, there probably isnt much you can do to the tune by just the manifold swap

That being said there are advantages to a dyno tune like seeing where your power drops off and adjusting the rpm the valves open.

On our 5.7’s i saw the power drop early around 4400, the 6.4 cam drops off higher which is why everyone sets the msd to 4700-4800

But I definitely think you could pickup some peak hp and torque from a retune, although not much.
Ah yea, I remember reading one of your other posts and I decided to set mine a little lower than normal (at about 4600 now I believe). Im taking it to get it dynoed in the next week or so, so I'm thinking if I see any issues I can adjust it then.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Ah yea, I remember reading one of your other posts and I decided to set mine a little lower than normal (at about 4600 now I believe). Im taking it to get it dynoed in the next week or so, so I'm thinking if I see any issues I can adjust it then.
While your at it, i would recommend to see if the dyno shop could squeeze and extra couple ponies over the hemifever tune, maybe revert back to stock after the first couple of pulls, and see if they can do better? That would be interesting and possibly hurt some feelings...

21 - 24 of 24 Posts