Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It started out quietly at Adams shop tucked away in a semi-industrial area in San Berdo. Just a handful of us were there early and were drinking coffee and eating doughnuts when we heard a roar, sounding like rolling thunder in the distance. We looked up the street and saw a rainbow of bright Challengers going over the railroad track hump and down into the parking lot. This could have been a scene from a Fast and Furious movie. I think even Steven Spielberg would have had goose bumps seeing that. I know I did.

Eventually the parking lot filled and Adam and his crew got busy strapping down all that horsepower to the dyno chassis. Everyone had their 15 minutes of fame as one by one the car owners were called out to bring their ride to the starting gate. A huge four foot Vizio TV screen was placed outside the work bay for all to watch the horsepower and torque readings that were displayed. With so many Challengers on the dyno, oohs and aahhs were heard all day long.
Both of the major car clubs were there, West Coast Challengers and So Cal Challengers. Chris (SparkChicken) helped me match forum names, to real names, to their cars.
The wonderful aroma of cleanly burned exhaust and a little tire smoke eventually gave way to the sweet smell of 100% beef patties grilling on the barbeque. The women and girls did a professional job on feeding the hungry Challenger owner all the while keeping the line down to two or three. Also hot dogs, chip, cookies and soft drinks were available.
Once Adam finished his lunch he was back at the dyno.
Lowwlife (Karl) trailered out his Challenger in unfinished fashion, pushed it off the trailer and set it up in a corner. He opened all doors, trunk, compartments and the hood for all to see the expert craftsmanship that is going into this future record breaker. He even took time to give this writer a detailed explanantion on the fabrication of the roll cage, nitrous system, extinguisher, cold water box and virtually every aspect of the racer.
Participants and spectators and their wives and girlfriends enjoyed the day by mingling with other car owners and swapping stories. It was a great day to see old friends that you haven't seen since the last Mopar event or race. Dyno days aren't just for the dyno pulls. When you can get that many people to hang around all day in the smoggy air and heat, then it has alot to do with friends and friendship, exchanging phone numbers and giving and getting advice. Until the next one, CrankCase

My Dyno Vid-Max Power 430.28 Max Torque 426.42

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
AWESOME!! write up bill. Adam called me this morning commenting on how nice everyone was. He's had so much work in the shop that he didn't have time to get things the way he wanted for the dyno day. He's planning another with a 50/50 cash raffle, two custom tunes(with customer supplied predator) 50% off american racing headers, t-shirts, handheld predator etc... It was great seeing the the response from people who had never had there cars on a dyno. The big shock of the day for me was bill's(crankcase) 392 making an outstanding 430rwh with just a catback system :guiness: It was great seeing all my budds and meeting the crew from Westcoast challengers. BIG thanks to crankcase for all his help with the dyno day list and the great write up. See ya all at the next DD!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Looks like I missed a party maybe the next time I will join in.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
It was a lot of fun. I have a new respect for the 392. I thought the 430 rwhp was a fluke then they strapped on another one and it was 420 rwhp. All three pulls were the same within a hp or so no drop off like the 6.1s.

Adam, did some pulls on some of his customers big hp cars, all I can say is he knows how to build them. Can't wait for him to get going on mine!

The best part was seeing the big hp cars coming and going as they roared down the street.

·
Premium Member
4,691 Posts
x2 on the write-up CC! :thumbsup: It was definitely a fun day to be had by all. :bigthumb: Fantastic hospitality with some awesome cars fulfilled the day. It was good to see some familiar faces again, as well as meeting new ones. :)

"He's had so much work in the shop that he didn't have time to get things the way he wanted for the dyno day. He's planning another with a 50/50 cash raffle, two custom tunes(with customer supplied predator) 50% off american racing headers, t-shirts, handheld predator etc..."

Karl, as I was the very last car to be pulled, Adam shared the same information with us after he was done with my dyno. He mentioned that the next DD could be as soon as a couple months away. That would be perfect for anyone that couldn't make the event yesterday, and it's a great excuse to do it all over again for the ones that were there. :clap:

As I said, I went dead last yesterday. I apologize for my "Special High Intensity Technological" camera, as the acronym describes its video quailty. :rofl:

Not a Space Shuttle by any means, but this is the highest my Challenger has ever pulled.

My Vid HERE. Max Power 394.19 Max Torque 391.75

Results;

·
Premium Member
4,031 Posts
Looks like you guys had a great time wish I could have been there with you but I have been under the weather. Looks like the 392's are putting up big numbers next is the Mojave Mile to see what kind of numbers they can put up there.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Boy you guys really put out the hp numbers i guess ill have to get ADAM to do a 2 wh dyno run on my jeep to see the diff between a 2 wh and aw dynojet is. I have seen CRANKCASE run and for a stick car it run pertty dam go at IRWINDALE. I hope to see him and a few other challengers out at IRWINDALE on july 21 to do some good 1/8 mile racing against the jeeps. Last time CRANKCASE was the only challenger that showed up and did very well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It was nice seeing all the Challengers out for this DD. Strapping cars down all day was actually kind of fun...........

Nice to meet everyone...........

Lonnie

·
Registered
330 Posts
x2 on the write-up CC! :thumbsup: It was definitely a fun day to be had by all. :bigthumb: Fantastic hospitality with some awesome cars fulfilled the day. It was good to see some familiar faces again, as well as meeting new ones. :)

"He's had so much work in the shop that he didn't have time to get things the way he wanted for the dyno day. He's planning another with a 50/50 cash raffle, two custom tunes(with customer supplied predator) 50% off american racing headers, t-shirts, handheld predator etc..."

Karl, as I was the very last car to be pulled, Adam shared the same information with us after he was done with my dyno. He mentioned that the next DD could be as soon as a couple months away. That would be perfect for anyone that couldn't make the event yesterday, and it's a great excuse to do it all over again for the ones that were there. :clap:

As I said, I went dead last yesterday. I apologize for my "Special High Intensity Technological" camera, as the acronym describes its video quailty. :rofl:

Not a Space Shuttle by any means, but this is the highest my Challenger has ever pulled.

My Vid HERE. Max Power 394.19 Max Torque 391.75

Results;

what are your mods bro?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Cool thread! So what would a 392 with heads/cam dyno?
when they start doing heads n cam, they will be close to the 500rwhp, maybe even more. I was also skeptical myself in the rwhp numbers for the 392, but seeing is believing and I know what I saw those 392's pull, and they were pulling! congrats to the 392 owners everywhere, lucky dogs! :bigthumb:
knwoing that even with my SC installed on my 6.1, I am only 50 or 60 rwhp over a NA 6.4 :(

forged internals, here we come?????lol

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
when they start doing heads n cam, they will be close to the 500rwhp, maybe even more. I was also skeptical myself in the rwhp numbers for the 392, but seeing is believing and I know what I saw those 392's pull, and they were pulling! congrats to the 392 owners everywhere, lucky dogs! :bigthumb:
knowing that even with my SC installed on my 6.1, I am only 50 or 60 rwhp over a NA 6.4 :(

forged internals, here we come?????lol
Time will tell,

They need the software for tunning first. Stack Performance was only getting 500 rwhp with their NA 426. The 392 already has great heads , read PWR post on them, exhaust flows nicely. You may not see that much of an improvement NA. I don't think you will be able to add much boost either with that compression ratio.

That being said, I feel better with my little 6.1 LOL!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Time will tell,

They need the software for tunning first. Stack Performance was only getting 500 rwhp with their NA 426. The 392 already has great heads , read PWR post on them, exhaust flows nicely. You may not see that much of an improvement NA. I don't think you will be able to add much boost either with that compression ratio.

chukarboy, thanks that makes me feel better:bigthumb: guess I will give my lil 6.1 a chance.

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
Time will tell,

Jeremy, the 392 runs a 10.9 CR, with a SC setup on 8lbs it should net around 530-540rwh. It's in the ballpark of us running 10lbs with our 10.3CR. All I know is that thing will be a beast once the tuning gets worked out. Watching Crankcase and sparkchicken's 392 dyno pulls back to back was impressive. WOW!! :thumbsup: Does anyone have video of the 392 dyno pulls?

·
Premium Member
4,691 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Jeremy, the 392 runs a 10.9 CR, with a SC setup on 8lbs it should net around 530-540rwh. It's in the ballpark of us running 10lbs with our 10.3CR. All I know is that thing will be a beast once the tuning gets worked out. Watching Crankcase and sparkchicken's 392 dyno pulls back to back was impressive. WOW!! :thumbsup: Does anyone have video of the 392 dyno pulls?
Karl, You can see a video of my dyno runs. It's posted as a link at the end of my story in the first post of this thread.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.