Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's one I haven't seen or read about yet. At a shop today doing Grand Opening dyno pulls (3) for a cheap price. One '16 stock Challenger A8 Scat Pack 392 pulled around 420 HP at the wheels. This is pretty much what the posted stock number is for a 485 HP car. Two identical stock '16 R/T M6 392's each pulled 320 HP! What the heck? All pulls done on the same Mustang dyno. just minutes apart. How could an M6 and A8 be a 100 HP difference? Those R/T guys left pretty bummed.

·
Premium Member
2016 SRT
458 Posts
I'm confused. All are Scat Packs right? If it's a 392 it's either an SRT or an RT Scat for 2016. The difference is only the M6 vs A8? Did they happen to be heat soaked and pulling timing maybe? Possibly dyno operator doing pull in wrong gear.

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Were they all in their 1:1 ratio gears? does the torque multiplication of the auto give it an advantage?

Just throwing it out there?

I can accept differences between individual cars but that is obviously excessive and points to something being different between runs.

Oh and did they all have their traction control switched off?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I thought that all R/T vehicles were 5.7 engines and that 392's were SRT models. I need to do some more Car and Driver reading.

·
Super Moderator
15,397 Posts
I thought that all RT vehicles were 5.7 engines and that 392's were SRT models. I need to do some more Car and Driver reading.
The Scat Packs are marketed as R/T Scat Packs
[except for the SP Shaker - thats 392 Hemi Scat Pack Shaker (they still have R/T badges in front grille)

The 5.7s are
R/T (base)
R/T Plus (leather int & other features)
R/T Shaker
R/T Plus Shaker (leather int)
T/A
T/A Plus (leather int)

·
Registered
125 Posts
I just had my 2016 M6 5.7L RT done on a Dynojet. All three pulls showed at 350 rwhp.
On a Mustang Dyno that would be about 320.

There is NO WAY those were 392's.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts