Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
Challenger
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my 2010se to DYNO TUNE one of diablos cmr dealers and had a custom tune installed.Brent at dynotune was great to deal with.
Mods are ported TB 71mm magnaflow 16500 dual exhaust K&N drop in filter.
Total of four pulls.I like the way mid range is more resposive.well worth the$$.Now I have a starting place to see what add ons make a differance.
I dont like the hp# but I like the way it drives.

Attachments

·
Registered
331 Posts
Hemiwomans 14.8 SE dyno shows 204 WHP with headers, dual exhaust, CAI, TB, custom tune and 3.64 gears. The 3.5's computer holds back HP on the dyno. The 3.6 SE runs 14.8 with 260 WHP the same as hemiwomans 3.5 that only shows 204 WHP, her 3.5 has more HP than it shows on the dyno. Take your SE to the dragstrip if you can !

Attachments

·
Registered
212 Posts
You can't compare #'s on 2 different dyno brands. Brent did mine via email,so he got a little experience with our quircky 3.5's . check your pm

·
Registered
607 Posts
Ok so I have a, what will be considered to most, a stupid question. How the hell do you read that sheet? HAHA Im new to all of this, when it comes to dyno that is, and dont know what is going on there. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Something amiss on the dyno sheet, why dosen't his tq. and hp lines cross at 5250rpm like they're supposed to?????
Good question. Hope there is an answer for that. Never seen that before.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Something amiss on the dyno sheet, why dosen't his tq. and hp lines cross at 5250rpm like they're supposed to?????

On the second graph it looks good, but there is definitely something going on with the first graph.

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
Hemiwomans 14.8 SE dyno shows 204 WHP with headers, dual exhaust, CAI, TB, custom tune and 3.64 gears. The 3.5's computer holds back HP on the dyno. The 3.6 SE runs 14.8 with 260 WHP the same as hemiwomans 3.5 that only shows 204 WHP, her 3.5 has more HP than it shows on the dyno. Take your SE to the dragstrip if you can !
You realize that you really can't compare the two right? Bobbi has 3.64s which really help her in the 1/4mile. You throw some 3.64s in a new SE they'll be even quicker. Plus the new 2011 SE has an extra 100lbs to lug around, so comparing dyno numbers because they run the same time is useless

·
Registered
331 Posts
The base SE 3.6 has the 198mm and the 3.6 with the sport pkg gets the bigger, heavier 215mm rear end and brakes used on the auto R/T. The base 3.6 may weigh 3834 and the 3.6 sport pkg 100 pounds more. It has been posted here that Hot Rod took a car 2 a dozen dynos 1 day and got several different readings with as much as 100 HP difference. I only trust ET and speed for measuring HP.

·
Banned
Challenger
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
tune

I took it to brent because alot of people were talking abought the throttle boost.I installed the basic 93oct tune and adjusted shift firmness last year.I knew brent was down the street so instead of doing the update I just had him do a custom tune(he is one of the best)I dont look too much @ numbers on the dyno but it is a big diff from the diablo 93 tune.
I am happy with it but we all know what happens next.MORE MODS.MORE MONEY!!!I have a baseline to work with.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts