Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SXT Blacktop
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Has anyone else run thier car on the Dyno? What kind of numbers did you get?

Decided to do a dyno to see what kind of numbers my car is putting out after the mods. I know these things may or may not be entirely accurate due to many variables but it's something I've always wanted to do. I'm actually pretty surprised at the results to be honest.

Stock Challengers should be around 244whp/217tq.
Dyno reads: 252whp/244tq

2016 Challenger SXT. 3.07 diff

Mods:
Momentum GT CAI
Hemifever 91 octane Tune
Hemifever TCM Tune
H-Pipe
Flowmaster Super 10
Cherrybomb Glasspacks in place of resonators
Volant Throttle Body Spacer
Ported GPE Throttle Body

Best 0-60: 5.2
Best 1/4 Mile Run: 13.9

·
Registered
18 Posts
Those values seem a little low considering your mods and 1/4 mile time, is the 244 stock and 252 with all your mods?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Those values seem a little low considering your mods and 1/4 mile time, is the 244 stock and 252 with all your mods?
These numbers are being measured at the wheel and not the crank. 252 is WHP and 244 is the torque. Crank numbers should be much higher.

And yes, that's with all the mods. I'm not looking into it too much since I know these dyno numbers are determined by a lot of different factors. It was still a pretty fun experience either way.

I ran the 5.2 the same day I ran the Dyno on a 36 degree day. The 1/4 mile was run last April with similar weather. Not sure what the DA was on either day.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Stock Challengers should be around 244whp/217tq.
Dyno reads: 252whp/244tq
I was referring to these values you provided. I now realize the first run is 235.6whp, not 244whp.
Was the first run(235whp on the sheet) your car fully stock? And was 252whp with all your mods you listed?

And I’m aware of the drivetrain loss when measuring at the wheels :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Honestly, I'm not sure where the 235whp came from.

The guy did two runs. The first sheet he gave me had 250whp/244tq but he hit the limiter before he could really get a good reading. The second run was this one which he did from 6th gear. I should have asked him.

Edit: After doing a bit of reading, the blue lines are baseline numbers of a completely bone stock car. The red lines are the power and torque numbers with a modified car. So that 235whp are the projected numbers.

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Very interesting results. I'm curious about your thoughts on the tb spacer and the tune. I currently have Flowmasters, a Mopar CAI, and a 3.90 LSD but no tune. Best times so far were 5.6 and 14.2 @ 98. What MPH did you run?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some friends of mine with the 5.7 are telling me to run another one because the 0-60 and the 1/4 mile tell a different story. I keep hearing that the times I'm running are close to stock 5.7 times and that the numbers from the Dyno are lower than what they should be. I'll probably try another one at some point but I also keep hearing that the track is a better measure than the Dynos. Seeing my 1/4 time go from 14.5 stock to 14.0 and drop in 0-60 numbers was more impactful for me to be honest but it was still a fun experience.

I'm not sure if the TB spacer actually does helps much if any to be completely honest. I got it for free so I figured I'd intall it. Every little bit helps I suppose.I can't speak highly enough about the tune though. I installed my bolt-ons first expecting a huge change but didn't see a change in numbers until I installed the tune. My best 0-60 was a 5.8 and dropped to 5.4. Now that I have better wheels, I'm able to run constant 5.2-5.3's. I'd also recommend getting the TCM tune as well. Shifts are A LOT firmer and overall just feel better, especially in Sport Mode.

I haven't ran the track since I got the new wheels because it's been so cold. But the last time I ran and got the 14.0, I was at 100.01MPH. Gonna try to beat that this year.

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
When you say "better wheels", which wheels did you have before and what did you change to? I have the light 20x9 wheels and I'm still running the stock 245 Goodyears. They will fry like hell if I try using launch control. The only way I can launch it is to roll on it and even then it's still slipping. A friend has some drag radials that I can try but he's far away so I'll have to see when I can get over there to try. It feels like just good tires would drop me at least another couple of 1/10ths, but we'll see. My 2017 Shaker 6-speed would either bog or light 'em and the best 0-60 I had in that was 5.4, so I'm only 2/10'ths off that right now. I think that's pretty good considering.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
That is pretty awesome!

I was running the stock Blacktop 20x8 wheels on 255/45r20 Lexani LX-Twenty all season tires all around. I'm currently running 20x8.5 245/40r20 in the front and 20x10 275/40r20 in the rear on Firestone Firehawk AS tires which are also all season. My car is a daily.

I couldn't get good traction with the previous tires at all even during the warmer days. I remember even having the wheels spin at the track if launching from anything over 15-1600RPM. I don't have launch control.

I would suggest just getting wider tires in the rear. Keep the 245s in the front. The 20x9s can safely run 275s.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Stock and stage 1:

Current Stage 3:

That extrapolates out to 501 RWHP @ my 7000 RPM redline!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts