Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
November 2013 - Here are my results from the mods on my 2013 R/T Blacktop 5 speed:
JBA silver ceramic shorty headers
Corsa Extreme Exhaust
JET 180 Tstat
AFE Pro dry S air filter in stock air box
Diablo Trinity – Using the 91 tune

A couple friends and I installed everything but the Headers. I had the same shop that did the headers and Dyno tighten up all the exhaust bolts after the first test drive. I ran it through the Dyno Jet dyno before any mods, and then a few days later with all the mods in. The attached dyno sheet only compared one of the original runs at 337HP, but one of the other stock runs not shown had 342HP.

I was “hoping” for a bit more HP from the mods, but 5-10 is still in the range of what I was expecting. The torque had a good increase of 10-23 and I can definitely tell the difference there, I am sure my rear tires will too…:burnout:

As far as the exhaust sound, I love it. Corsa Extreme is a bit louder all around, and much louder when I mash pedal. I still need to turn MDS off, so right now I can hear it when it kicks on and off. Just cruising down the highway I can definitely hear it more than the stock, but it’s not over powering or annoying. From about 72-77 mph, it does have a little bit of a louder humming sound (not sure if that is the best way of describing it), I could live without that sound but it’s nothing too bad.

Overall I am pretty happy with the mods, it was kind of expensive if you just look at the HP gains, but the sound and torque gain is well worth it to me. My only regret now is maybe I will want to get the Scat pack headers so they can’t ***** about my warranty. Also, I want to see what they will be charging for the Scat pack cam swap.

I added a red Speedlogix tower brace, red MPG caliper covers, R/T spoiler badge, clear front side markers with Diodynamics orange LED lights, and installed some red piping on the interior of the door. I’ll do another post with pictures in it for those interested.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that's really cool to see that much of a torque gain. How much did all of that work cost to get done including parts?
JBA silver ceramic shorty headers - $470 + $400 install
Corsa Extreme Exhaust - $1237
JET 180 Tstat - $$32
AFE Pro dry S air filter in stock air box - $58
Diablo Trinity - $540 + $200 install (there were some problems getting the trinity updated correctly, so I got charge $100 an hour for them to update it with diablo's help. Had I known they charged $100 an hour to do that, I would have done it myself. Updating it beforehand did not cross my mind, and I paid for it...)

·
Registered
27 Posts
That's definitely a good chunk of change. I was just reading another thread about CAI's and tuners got brought up in it. I think I'm gonna lean away from a tuning as that's apparently a one way ticket out of the manufacturers warranty and once you do it you can't really go back and fix it.

I also am thinking of a drop in air filter too as the CAI only really seems to work if you do the headers back to tips and open up the whole chain of air flow. Still more research to do. I like the Corsa sound though. I saw a video of it on youtube and it sounded really nice. I'm interested in Magnaflow at the moment too.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
That's definitely a good chunk of change. I was just reading another thread about CAI's and tuners got brought up in it. I think I'm gonna lean away from a tuning as that's apparently a one way ticket out of the manufacturers warranty and once you do it you can't really go back and fix it.

I also am thinking of a drop in air filter too as the CAI only really seems to work if you do the headers back to tips and open up the whole chain of air flow. Still more research to do. I like the Corsa sound though. I saw a video of it on youtube and it sounded really nice. I'm interested in Magnaflow at the moment too.
sorry to say but you couldn't be more wrong ..... you can tune it .... and at will in less then 6 minutes put it rite back to stock .... no one knows the wiser .... just sayin ..... you can go back and fix it and the difference in driving these beast is nite and day with a tune

·
Registered
27 Posts
sorry to say but you couldn't be more wrong ..... you can tune it .... and at will in less then 6 minutes put it rite back to stock .... no one knows the wiser .... just sayin ..... you can go back and fix it and the difference in driving these beast is nite and day with a tune
My bad if I'm wrong. Just from what I was reading in a debate it seems that once you tune it if the dealer (or mechanic) sees that it's been tuned they will write that in the vehicle notes and flash it back to it's stock tune and cancel the warranty. Just what I've been reading on it. I'm all for the tune I just don't want to lose my warranty if that's the case.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
My bad if I'm wrong. Just from what I was reading in a debate it seems that once you tune it if the dealer (or mechanic) sees that it's been tuned they will write that in the vehicle notes and flash it back to it's stock tune and cancel the warranty. Just what I've been reading on it. I'm all for the tune I just don't want to lose my warranty if that's the case.
No worries man ..... all you do is put your factory tune back in if it gos to the dealer .... then can not tell you did anything .... what happens if you don't is .. if for some reason the reflash your car and your tune is in it ... it kills your tunner ... but they still would not know you did anything ... your tunner becomes a papper weight until you send it back to Diablo to fix it ... but nothing happens to the car and the dealer would not know

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Good numbers on what looks like an honest dyno(for a change...) That 4th gear run is your 1:1 gear and being at 380+ tq to the wheels means your car is making power! You're up 10 horse and 20 torque at the wheels plus no more power losses from the factory tune! I bet she feels great :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good numbers on what looks like an honest dyno(for a change...) That 4th gear run is your 1:1 gear and being at 380+ tq to the wheels means your car is making power! You're up 10 horse and 20 torque at the wheels plus no more power losses from the factory tune! I bet she feels great :)
She does! I'm having lots of fun with it, couldn't imagine driving anything else.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts