Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
6,226 Posts
I guess the only way to know for sure is to go back when cooler temps prevail. I would have thought the tune itself would have added a little bit.
More importantly than the numbers though - how does the car feel/drive? Ultimately that’s all that matters. I’ve heard the reduced torque management done with the tunes makes the car more fun to drive even if it doesn’t affect peak HP.
When was the tune done (with respects to the other mods)?

The tune has to be done after the other mods are installed, otherwise the other mods would work against anything the tune did to improve perfornance.

Beyond that, it is perfectly reasonable to expect a heat-soaked engine to be 10-15 HP/TQ down from where it would be if not heat-soaked. Was yours heat-soaked at the time of the dyno run? IDK, I’d need to see the other data from the run to be able to make that call.

But if there was knock detected during the run, the PCM will have pulled enough spark timing to mitigate it, and every degree of spark timing lost, however temporary it might be, equals less HP/TQ making it to the rear wheels.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry to hear that, on a positive side a small cam will probably help your numbers.

I have just finished up on my 5.7 build keeping all intake components stock (injectors,throttle body etc) but added a small comp cam and a forged bottom end with a tune I’m at 400 Hp and 400 ft/lb torque. That’s about it without some forced induction.

Attachments

·
Registered
190 Posts
Sorry to hear that, on a positive side a small cam will probably help your numbers.

I have just finished up on my 5.7 build keeping all intake components stock (injectors,throttle body etc) but added a small comp cam and a forged bottom end with a tune I’m at 400 Hp and 400 ft/lb torque. That’s about it without some forced induction.
Great results! Which cam?

·
Registered
18 Posts
The best bang for your buck upgrade is the Pedal Commander. It doesn't add hp/tq, but you will THINK and FEEL like it did..For real bolt on power adding I would go with a super charger. There are lots of options. My Challenger is a Shaker so I've been eyeing up the ProCharger system..would add around 160hp at 7psi for arounf 7k all-in, but there are other all inclusive kits out there. That's power across the entire band.

But I highly recomment the Pedal Commander..takes about 1min to install, pick a setting and it will put a smile on your face on the very first test ride and everytime you step on the gas.

·
Premium Member
6,226 Posts
Does it sound and look faster? Can you show people the stuff you added? Can you impress people who don't know cars? Does the stuff you added make you happy? You are done.
Over the years I have found that modding my cars is a terribly inefficient vehicle for achieving happiness, pun intended.

Sure, there is some initial joy after that first (successful) test drive, but it is fleeting and soon wears off. And like a junkie chasing that ever-elusive high, I’m off to the parts store in search of yet another mod to hopefully satiate my desire to be happy again.

Ultimately, I’m afraid the only way to truly make myself happy is if I can somehow achieve some stability in my life. And if I am ever able to juxtapose that with a lack of mood swings, then I think I’ll finally be “happy.”

·
Banned
155 Posts
Over the years I have found that modding my cars is a terribly inefficient vehicle for achieving happiness, pun intended.

Sure, there is some initial joy after that first (successful) test drive, but it is fleeting and soon wears off. And like a junkie chasing that ever-elusive high, I’m off to the parts store in search of yet another mod to hopefully satiate my desire to be happy again.

Ultimately, I’m afraid the only way to truly make myself happy is if I can somehow achieve some stability in my life. And if I am ever able to juxtapose that with a lack of mood swings, then I think I’ll finally be “happy.”
Wow, that's way too deep for a Challenger forum.

·
Premium Member
6,226 Posts
Sounds like someone did not have their bloody Mary this morning. ?
No alcohol intake until I am finished troubleshooting an especially nasty electrical gremlin that I encountered yesterday on the way out of town:

So far I’ve managed to do this in search of that gremlin:

I got that far and suspended work searching for the gremlin to install some tweeters I had as part of a component upgrade I did recently. I hadn’t yet swapped them in to my dash in place of the 3.5” speakers yet though, so I took the time to knock those out while everything is torn apart.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts