Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently at 2200 miles and when I get to 4000 miles with my 2014 R/T Classic 5.7 with 5 speed automatic trans, I want to do a tune and dyno runs. Dyno plan is prior to the tune and after the tune. What gear do you use to make the dyno pulls? Use the paddles and make the run in 4th?

I live in Henderson, NV., and from mid June to late Sept it's over 100 degrees with some days over 110 daily and gets around 32 degrees during the coldest months but just a few days. Would a 180 deg thermostat help performance/hp wise and be advantageous prior to installing a Diablo 91 octane tune? Currently I have a MOPAR CAI and catch can with resonator delete but Tuesday will have a Flowmaster Force II cat back exhaust installed.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
4th 1:1

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,816 Posts
As SASH stated, 4th gear; always your 1:1 gear. As far as T-Stat, I would definitely put a 180 in and lower ALL your fan settings with your Diablo by 20*, ALL of them.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As SASH stated, 4th gear; always your 1:1 gear. As far as T-Stat, I would definitely put a 180 in and lower ALL your fan settings with your Diablo by 20*, ALL of them.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Good info about the fan settings teddyyp, will do that with the Diablo. Thanks.

Reactions: teddyp

·
Registered
http://www.dragtimes
1,899 Posts
Currently at 2200 miles and when I get to 4000 miles with my 2014 R/T Classic 5.7 with 5 speed automatic trans, I want to do a tune and dyno runs. Dyno plan is prior to the tune and after the tune. What gear do you use to make the dyno pulls? Use the paddles and make the run in 4th?

I live in Henderson, NV., and from mid June to late Sept it's over 100 degrees with some days over 110 daily and gets around 32 degrees during the coldest months but just a few days. Would a 180 deg thermostat help performance/hp wise and be advantageous prior to installing a Diablo 91 octane tune? Currently I have a MOPAR CAI and catch can with resonator delete but Tuesday will have a Flowmaster Force II cat back exhaust installed.
Manually run up the gears until you get into 4th around 2K RPM before you nail it. Make sure TC is completely off by pressing the TC button and holding it in until you see “ESP Disabled” in your EVIC otherwise your rear brakes will be in play.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Manually run up the gears until you get into 4th around 2K RPM before you nail it. Make sure TC is completely off by pressing the TC button and holding it in until you see “ESP Disabled” in your EVIC otherwise your rear brakes will be in play.
Thanks for the tip on the TC, will do.

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
Your DiabloSport tuner should have a dyno setting that will disable the ESP and ABS.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
I think the Predator had a Dyno mode, The Trinity has a Traction Control Off Feature. Not sure about the Intune.

·
Registered
505 Posts

When you do the pre and post tune dynos, can you post the results? I'm curious to see the difference with the tune.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When you do the pre and post tune dynos, can you post the results? I'm curious to see the difference with the tune.
Yes, that's the plan. Currently I have the MOPAR CAI, catch can, and now a Flowmaster Force II cat back exhaust. I will do a dyno run with the car as it is now, add the tune and do another pull. I'm curious as well as to what rwhp & rwtq I have now and will have post tune.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Don’t expect much more than 10 HP gain with a tune. Your real benefits of a custom tune don’t show up on a dyno and that is the removal of tq mgmnt. That can be worth .2 seconds in the ¼ with an auto or .5 seconds with a custom tune and DRs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts