Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok some of you know that I was getting my car dynoed this morning after I had installed some bolt ons. I never did a base line run, so I have no clue, (sadly), what I gained if any. Not sure if my mods are visible in my sig. They are; true fender pull CAI, 87mm throttle body, ported intake manifold, Hemifever custom tune, 180 t stat, Magnaflow comp series cat back. Not much, but they did "feel" to me that there was an increase in some power. Oh, the car, '13 Challenger 392, 6 speed. Here's the pic of the print out. It was about 80* out don't know what the humidity was but it was about to rain felt muggy. Text Font Paper Fictional character Text Font Paper Receipt Document

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
309 Posts
With about 15% power loss through the drivetrain that would mean your a little over 500 at the flywheel. Not too shabby for just bolt ons and a tune.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
That's pretty impressive. I'm going to say this dyno is a heart breaker ?. I would go with the 430. That sounds about right for the mods u have. At least with my amateur experience. Did u do all the mods at once or one at a time?

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's pretty impressive. I'm going to say this dyno is a heart breaker ?. I would go with the 430. That sounds about right for the mods u have. At least with my amateur experience. Did u do all the mods at once or one at a time?

Pretty much one at a time with the mods with the exception of the the intake/TB port job. I'll do long tubes and high flows in January then look into ported heads, valve job, cam. Thanks for the compliments.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
So really curious which gave u the best seat of the pants feel? The only things I have considered are the fender pull Cai and a tuner. Do u feel like the cai made much difference?

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Biggest seat of the pants feel was the custom tune. Then after that the port job on both the intake and TB. The fender pull, felt a little, BUT, after the above mods I think all tied well together. Again, I wish I had a before base line, but I don't. This will be my base line. If some one out there has a 6 speed 392 dynoed on a Dynojet at around 79-80 degrees, high humidity, with no mods, I guess that could be a good gauge for what my car has. Hope this helped. If you want to ever PM me please do.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Thanks, if I ever get the chance to I'll be ur base line. I don't know of any dynos around here but I'll definitely let u know if I do. I feel like I need to do something before the 392 r/t's come out. 15hp on me right off the dealer lot! Grrrrr

Reactions: teddyp

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Nice numbers. How long did it take to get the intake manifold ported? I assume you sent it in to have that done...

·
Registered
157 Posts
Thanks. Yeah, I'd like my next go fast mods to be long tubes, high flows, THEN; heads/cam package. Why do you ask, any suggestions?

Curiosity, I'm doing a gradual all out n/a build on my car and we are pretty much following the same path. I'm going to have to get some preventative work on my transmission next.
I will eventually go full forged rotating assembly with a small bump in compression 11.5:1.
Any thoughts about doing that to your car?

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice numbers. How long did it take to get the intake manifold ported? I assume you sent it in to have that done...

Thanks. Sent it to Peakspeed, vendor here on CT. Nice guy owns the company, Bob is his name. He told me he would have my intake and TB for five days. Had it only for three. Day one received, day two his magic, day three shipped. Not sure how much his mod added, but I did recognize a difference in torque with the tires breaking loose easier.

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Curiosity, I'm doing a gradual all out n/a build on my car and we are pretty much following the same path. I'm going to have to get some preventative work on my transmission next.
I will eventually go full forged rotating assembly with a small bump in compression 11.5:1.

Oh ok. I'm going to leave my bottom end and entire rotating assembly stock. 10.9:1 is good enough for what I want. As far as tranny, clutch, and drive line, my clutch is the weakest link in that from what I've read at 600 HP/TRQ. I'm looking at head work. Ported, polished, valve job, springs/retainers, and of course cam. I think realistically between the heads, cam, long tubes and high flows, I'd be looking at another 100ish, give or take a few. That would put me at 530ish RWHP. What do you think? Honestly am I going about this, in your opinion, in the right direction?
I don't have any desire to go FI. I'm not digging the entire forged bottom end, getting the tune just right, and then looking at drive line upgrades. My way, I get some added power, albeit not as much as FI would yield me, but I have no intentions of tracking the car. I just want an all motor 392 with a little more balls than the average.

Reactions: Elwood617

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Reactions: wasp392

·
Registered
157 Posts
Oh ok. I'm going to leave my bottom end and entire rotating assembly stock. 10.9:1 is good enough for what I want. As far as tranny, clutch, and drive line, my clutch is the weakest link in that from what I've read at 600 HP/TRQ. I'm looking at head work. Ported, polished, valve job, springs/retainers, and of course cam. I think realistically between the heads, cam, long tubes and high flows, I'd be looking at another 100ish, give or take a few. That would put me at 530ish RWHP. What do you think? Honestly am I going about this, in your opinion, in the right direction?
I don't have any desire to go FI. I'm not digging the entire forged bottom end, getting the tune just right, and then looking at drive line upgrades. My way, I get some added power, albeit not as much as FI would yield me, but I have no intentions of tracking the car. I just want an all motor 392 with a little more balls than the average.

Sounds awesome, getting the engine to breath better is always a good thing :beer:

·
Registered
http://www.dragtimes
1,899 Posts

Will 11.5:1 run on 93 octane or will you have to pull a lot of timing which would negate some of the HP gains? I can't get 22 degrees out of my 10.9:1 392 in the summer on 93 octane without KNK.

·
Registered
http://www.dragtimes
1,899 Posts

Man if you find 100 HP in a cam and head package please share. That would be awesome for us N/A'd guys.
530ish is 30ish more than an Arrington 426 stroker...

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
You want dyno hash tags!?! WHY!?!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts