Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm going to be dyno testing my Scat Pack next week on Hot Rod Power Tour, and was wondering what do do about the traction control. I've seen some people say to pull a fuse, others say to just turn it off by holding the button down for 10 seconds and waiting for the message that says its off.

What should I do? What numbers should I be seeing? Also, should I pull the fuse for the adaptive learning? That is fuse #2 correct?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump..

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,871 Posts
2018 adaptives it's fuse #31, and #29 for the transmission I believe

A Guy

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The fuse pulling seems excessive. What led you to that?
Dynoing and only reading 299hp 3 times in a row. And we could smell the rear brakes cooking. I pulled the fuse for the ABS module, #36 after the first pull of 299 which I only turned off esc and traction control for. Then we did it again. 299 again, so we reset the dyno and another 299. Checked again and there were two more fuses for ABS, pulled those and hit 450hp basically three times in a row. Heat soak brought the numbers down slightly as these three runs were back to back.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes I got the chime and message that said ESC off and Traction said off. :icon_rolleyes:

The Petty’s Garage booth was near the dyno and they said the car will use the ABS to slow the wheels when the fronts aren’t spinning. They are the ones who said to pull the fuses for ABS. And after we pulled the first one and it didn’t fix it they said “did you pull all 3?”

Of all people, I think Petty’s Garage would have the experience with dynoing challengers....

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
According to the folk at the HP tuners forum, if you drive the car slowly to 40mph on the dyno, as soon as you hit 38mph it goes into a dyno mode. :dunno:

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthread.php?71735-2015-challenger-dyno-problem&p=529735&viewfull=1#post529735

If you have a tazer you can use linelock mode or just completely deactivate TC/ESP.
I can assure you that will not work, I slowly drove it up to 1500rpm in 4th gear, multiple times, when I went to wide open throttle it would slow the rear wheels and make about 299hp. That and there was a weird dip in all the graphs as well, and the rear brakes were cooking.

As previously stated, we were all baffled, so we went and checked with the Petty's Garage folks, who said the only way to get it to dyno without the track modes, etc that the SRT has is to pull the fuses for ABS.

Then after pulling one #36 for ABS Module, still didn't fix the issue, we checked with them again. They said "did you pull all 3 fuses? that's the only way we're able to get the Scat Packs to dyno properly." After that, it pulled 450hp the pulls in a row.

Honestly, I would believe the guy's at Petty's Garage over some random person on a forum but that's just me. They were less than 100 yds away from the dyno, so we went and asked them.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,556 Posts
I can assure you that will not work, I slowly drove it up to 1500rpm in 4th gear, multiple times, when I went to wide open throttle it would slow the rear wheels and make about 299hp. That and there was a weird dip in all the graphs as well, and the rear brakes were cooking.

As previously stated, we were all baffled, so we went and checked with the Petty's Garage folks, who said the only way to get it to dyno without the track modes, etc that the SRT has is to pull the fuses for ABS.

Then after pulling one, still didn't fix the issue, we checked with them again. They said "did you pull all 3 fuses? that's the only way we're able to get the Scat Packs to dyno properly." After that, it pulled 450hp the pulls in a row.

Honestly, I would believe the guy's at Petty's Garage over some random person on a forum but that's just me. They were less than 100 yds away from the dyno, so we went and asked them.
Yeah, forgot to mention the fuses...that was another method mentioned in the HP tuners post.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, forgot to mention the fuses...that was another method mentioned in the HP tuners post.
I just wanted to pass along my experience and the exact way it worked for me. Because, I have seen people say "oh just turn off traction with the button and it'll be fine" and others say pull the fuse, but do not say what fuse number or what the fuse is for.

I mean my 485hp rated scat pack shouldn't dyno 299hp, that would be a 39% drivetrain loss. That would be ridiculous, and after we searched google for about 10 minutes and got no answers, we decided to ask the guys from Petty's Garage and finally got it to dyno properly.

I figured I'd help the next guy out and provide the correct info for how to dyno a challenger. Or atleast how it worked for me, your results may vary.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry, I was responding to your overt snarkiness with obvious sarcasm. I'm quite familiar with The King, and live 30 mins from the shop. ;)
My wife always tells me I suck at picking up sarcasm... I actually am thinking of taking my car to Petty's Garage for them to do lowering springs, sway bars, and cradle bushings. From what the one rep was saying they seem pretty reasonable in pricing considering its all warrantied for parts and labor.

·
Registered
868 Posts
The folks are Petty's garage are great to deal with.... I met them last year at Chrysler's at Carlisle, and they hooked me up with a strut tower brace that matched my car's paint exactly. Very good folks to deal with.....

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The folks are Petty's garage are great to deal with.... I met them last year at Chrysler's at Carlisle, and they hooked me up with a strut tower brace that matched my car's paint exactly. Very good folks to deal with.....
Yeah, I've got their front brace in Tor-red. Matches my red brembos perfectly too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts