Dodge Challenger Forum banner

441 - 460 of 487 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
Nice times but your speed in 1/8 & 1/4 seem to be low for the ET.
I disagree.. I'm just getting more out of my trap speed than most do.

·
Registered
355 Posts
My Dyno run on monday wasn't the greatest, considering my mods, but at the same time I'm not really complaining since I don't know what my baseline was to begin with...

I ran a 375rwhp / 405tq. Probably with a few more runs and adjustments to my tune I could probably get it dialed in, but...

Attachments

·
Registered
Dodge Challenger RT
1,066 Posts
374 whp / 400tq

5.7L
JBA Ceramic Coated Long Tubes
JBA catless mids
Heart Throb Exhaust
Self-tune - HP Tuners

Attachments

·
Registered
163 Posts
2012 RT 5.7 L Put down 352HP with R2C CAI, and Flowmaster super 44's with reso delete. Wasn't able to get a torque reading due to equipment failure. Since then I've added JBA stainless silver ceramic coated shorty headers. Will go back for a Dyno soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
Dodge Challenger RT
1,066 Posts
2012 RT 5.7 L Put down 352HP with R2C CAI, and Flowmaster super 44's with reso delete. Wasn't able to get a torque reading due to equipment failure. Since then I've added JBA stainless silver ceramic coated shorty headers. Will go back for a Dyno soon.

Those are great numbers on a Mustang!

·
Registered
375 Posts
My very unimpressive numbers were 525 hp & 483 Torque. It's a 2015 Scatpack with Maggie @ 6psi.
Here is the dyno of my 15 Scatpack @6psi, the only difference is my Maggie is one of the prototypes with longer intake runners, that could account for some of the low end torque difference but your numbers seem low especially considering you're spinning to ~6,300 rpm.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Well I don't mind the slightly low HP but 50+ ft-lbs of torque tells me something is not good but nobody can tell me what could be the problem. Also the curve between 3K & 3.5K looks strange. I guess it's the way he mashed the gas pedal.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I'm sure if my chart showed lower RPM range it would look crazy too, but the torque on your graph comes on way later than what most 6.4 + Maggie setups do and is overall low. Have you tried another dyno or hit the track to see if the power is there ?

·
Registered
850 Posts
I'm sure if my chart showed lower RPM range it would look crazy too, but the torque on your graph comes on way later than what most 6.4 + Maggie setups do and is overall low. Have you tried another dyno or hit the track to see if the power is there ?
I went to a T&T but I still have my 275/40/20 Continentals on so hooking is almost impossible with the extra HP/torque. That makes any meaningful times hard to get. I can definitely feel the extra power/torque and I haven't learned how to launch it since installing the SC. I'm thinking of trying another dyno but it's not easy here. I have to drive 50 miles and it's running in the 90s every day so I'm heat soaked when I get there. I would probably have to wait half a day to get a couple runs in. Still I may try it next week. :cool:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Well I don't mind the slightly low HP but 50+ ft-lbs of torque tells me something is not good but nobody can tell me what could be the problem. Also the curve between 3K & 3.5K looks strange. I guess it's the way he mashed the gas pedal.
What gear was your car in on the dyno. It should be done in 6th on the A8 transmission challenger. Any other gear could cause lower numbers. Some dyno operators dont like to use 6th because of the high speed on the dyno 130 ish.

Sent from my SM-T217T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
163 Posts

Those are great numbers on a Mustang!
A brand new engine block sure helps :smirk: Thanks to a timing chain failure last November!

·
Registered
850 Posts
What gear was your car in on the dyno. It should be done in 6th on the A8 transmission challenger. Any other gear could cause lower numbers. Some dyno operators dont like to use 6th because of the high speed on the dyno 130 ish.

Sent from my SM-T217T using Tapatalk
Actually 6th gear is around 170 mph. Fifth gear is around 130 mph. After my post I ran on another Dyno and it looked much more normal. The Difference between 5th gear and 6th gear was minimal (535 hp in 5th and 537 hp in 6th).

·
Registered
70 Posts
2008 6.1. Only mods were mopar CAI and magnaflow mufflers with resonators deleted. Did a dyno before and after the custom tune on the mustang dyno. 401 HP before tune and 434 after

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
2,232 Posts
Dyno run at HHP last Saturday (uncorrected numbers):

DA at the time of the run:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Just a question. After looking through many of these messages/threads. It seems a stock 5.7L dynos anywhere from 330 to 335 RWH. At about a 15% drivetrain loss this says the 375hp is under rated. I come up with about 390HP at the flywheel. Is this accurate and do you feel it was underrated because of how close it would of been to the 6.1L's 425HP. Although the 6.1 is the superior engine.
Wondering your thoughts and if I have the drive train loss correct.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Just a question. After looking through many of these messages/threads. It seems a stock 5.7L dynos anywhere from 330 to 335 RWH. At about a 15% drivetrain loss this says the 375hp is under rated. I come up with about 390HP at the flywheel. Is this accurate and do you feel it was underrated because of how close it would of been to the 6.1L's 425HP. Although the 6.1 is the superior engine.
Wondering your thoughts and if I have the drive train loss correct.
The newer (2010-up) 5.7s are rated at 390, and you are correct most 2009-up 5.7s put down a baseline of around 335hp on a dynojet.
Keep this in mind: dyno testing is more about measuring the effect of changes made rather than putting down the largest number, a dynocom, mustang, or dynojet will all put out different numbers for the same setup.

441 - 460 of 487 Posts