Dodge Challenger Forum banner

461 - 480 of 487 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
The newer (2010-up) 5.7s are rated at 390, and you are correct most 2009-up 5.7s put down a baseline of around 335hp on a dynojet.
Keep this in mind: dyno testing is more about measuring the effect of changes made rather than putting down the largest number, a dynocom, mustang, or dynojet will all put out different numbers for the same setup.
Chizzle: Are you sure about the 390HP in a 5.7L. All the documentation I see is 375HP 410 Tq for the 6 speed which I have.
Now the RAM trucks show the 5.7L as 390HP. Is that where you got that number. Appreciate if you can lead me to an article or link that describes the Challenger 5.7L with 390HP. The motors for the RAM truck and the Challenger are supposedly different.
As we have wrote about the Dyno data leaves me to believe it is under ratted and close to 390. But all the brochures and data say 375HP. Hope you can show me something because that would be cool.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Chizzle: Are you sure about the 390HP in a 5.7L. All the documentation I see is 375HP 410 Tq for the 6 speed which I have.
Now the RAM trucks show the 5.7L as 390HP. Is that where you got that number. Appreciate if you can lead me to an article or link that describes the Challenger 5.7L with 390HP. The motors for the RAM truck and the Challenger are supposedly different.
As we have wrote about the Dyno data leaves me to believe it is under ratted and close to 390. But all the brochures and data say 375HP. Hope you can show me something because that would be cool.
I was going off the commercials.
I thought the 5.7s in the Ram and Challenger were the same?
The 5.7 in the 06 Durango we had looked identical to the one in my 10 Challenger.

If you figure 15% power loss, and the stock hp baseline is 335, that would put flywheel around 385.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I was going off the commercials.
I thought the 5.7s in the Ram and Challenger were the same?
The 5.7 in the 06 Durango we had looked identical to the one in my 10 Challenger.

If you figure 15% power loss, and the stock hp baseline is 335, that would put flywheel around 385.
I think the truck engine has a different Cam and a different tune. Thanks for your input.
For a 15% loss that equation looks like this 335RWHP/.85=394 at flywheel. Jus FYI.

·
Registered
92 Posts
2016 Scat Pack making 260rwhp??

My car is a 2016 Scat Pack 6.4l Auto and Runs [email protected] 116 here in Fontana California in average 2500-3000' DA. I decided to take it to the Dyno to see where it stands since ive never once Dynoed the car. It has Kooks 1 7/8 headers, Kooks Cats, Borla ATAK exhaust, Hellcat airbox, and the unlocked PCM and an email tune from one of the reputable guys on this forum. My car when COMPLETELY stock went 12.49 @ 110 at the same track and DA. Well, the DynoJet spit out 260RWHP "Uncorrected". What could be the issue. Looking at all the other 6.4 guys dyno numbers Im seeing 390-420 RWHP out of everyones cars. My AFR was 12.2-12.5 until it got to around 5000 or so it went to 12.8. I really don't get it. How does a car that weighs 4200lbs. plus with driver go 116+ in nasty air ONLY make 260 rwhp. Are the Dynojet dynos tempermental or that sensitive to operator error. I was in 5th gear for that pull.

·
Registered
Dodge Challenger RT
1,066 Posts
My car is a 2016 Scat Pack 6.4l Auto and Runs [email protected] 116 here in Fontana California in average 2500-3000' DA. I decided to take it to the Dyno to see where it stands since ive never once Dynoed the car. It has Kooks 1 7/8 headers, Kooks Cats, Borla ATAK exhaust, Hellcat airbox, and the unlocked PCM and an email tune from one of the reputable guys on this forum. My car when COMPLETELY stock went 12.49 @ 110 at the same track and DA. Well, the DynoJet spit out 260RWHP "Uncorrected". What could be the issue. Looking at all the other 6.4 guys dyno numbers Im seeing 390-420 RWHP out of everyones cars. My AFR was 12.2-12.5 until it got to around 5000 or so it went to 12.8. I really don't get it. How does a car that weighs 4200lbs. plus with driver go 116+ in nasty air ONLY make 260 rwhp. Are the Dynojet dynos tempermental or that sensitive to operator error. I was in 5th gear for that pull.
If you have headers and a tune, you were realistically in the 450+ range. The dyno operator should have given you a corrected dyno and that would have moved the numbers in line (generally speaking) with other cars like yours. If you are trapping at 116, you are nowhere near 260whp. Likewise, I've seen 470whp stock scats come off uncorrected dynos in 20* weather and at sea level. That said, your dyno is gold. Make a .jpg and talk smack about your 260whp car and when people start making fun of you about it, and feeling confident they can take you with their 14 sec Honda, put some money on the race. haha

·
Registered
Dodge Challenger RT
1,066 Posts
Around 840 to 850 rwhp and torque dynoed at Pettys garage a few weeks back
Is that a turbo? Positive displacement blower?

·
Registered
724 Posts
Most test are done in the 1 to 1 ratio which is 6th gear in the A8. Some operators will run it in a lower gear to keep the top speed down on the dyno. Where did you get the dyno test done? If it was at ST motor sports Adam knows is business with his dynojet. Did the dyno guy say anything about the low reading? Fontana is 13 ft uphill so at Bakersfield you should run about .2 better.

1) 4.71:1
2) 3.14:1
3) 2.10:1
4) 1.67:1
5) 1.29:1
6) 1.00:1
7) 0.84:1
8) 0.67:1
Reverse) 3.30:1

·
Registered
Dodge Challenger RT
1,066 Posts
Whipple & 453 built arrington motor kooks full exhaust 2 into 3 inch headers and 9 inch w 373 gears ?
Definitely makes sense by looking at the dyno and seeing how all that power comes in. That's why I went with a Whipple as well. Love it! So how many pics do you have in your man cave, with the front end off the ground :grin2:

·
Registered
175 Posts

Broke dyno or broke operator.lol He should have refunded your dyno run cost since the results are woefully inaccurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 Posts
OK, so the guy that operated the dyno called me back and wants to re-dyno my car. He was baffled how a 4300lb car that goes 117mphin the 1/4 had only 260hp. We will be redynoing this car soon. He says he knows what was wrong. We shall see.

Ive actually just located a shop that tunes with HP Tuners and ive scheduled a tuning session with them. They are near me. I will be dyno tuning my car at a shop in Rancho Cucamonga Calif. Anxious to get it all dialed in. The car ran so dang good with an email tune from Hemifever and I cant imagine it running any faster than 117 in the atmospheric conditions that Ive already ran in

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
OK, so the guy that operated the dyno called me back and wants to re-dyno my car. He was baffled how a 4300lb car that goes 117mphin the 1/4 had only 260hp. We will be redynoing this car soon. He says he knows what was wrong. We shall see.

Ive actually just located a shop that tunes with HP Tuners and ive scheduled a tuning session with them. They are near me. I will be dyno tuning my car at a shop in Rancho Cucamonga Calif. Anxious to get it all dialed in. The car ran so dang good with an email tune from Hemifever and I cant imagine it running any faster than 117 in the atmospheric conditions that Ive already ran in
i think you will be pleased with the results from HP tuners.
The tune hemifever made for me was 99%, which is impressive considering it was done remote via email.

A while back (after many, many hours of research) I purchased the Hp tuners pro suite and am able to tweak the tune as needed now.
The cam timing adjustment made the most noticeable difference IMO.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Unfortunately for me, the dyno shop near me has such a good reputation that they are absolutely slammed with work. They are called Acceleration Performance Solutions. My appointment with them is Sept 20. I know why the other shop dyno numbers were low as well. During the run, I I could smell brakes....I immediately told him that my brakes must be dragging. He told me that his dyno makes that smell. WELL......It turns out that he didn't have my stability control/traction assist completely disabled. So basically the brakes were being applied and killing power. The dyno operator simply had never run one of these cars and didn't know about this feature needing to be disabled. He had contacted the company that makes his dyno and told him the cars ET/MPH and then his HP results. The guy told him right away......the traction control was on!!! So he called me back and wants to redyno it. However, Im actually going to a Accelerated Performance Solutions instead because they actually TUNE the cars.
Looks like my Edelbrock intake manifold and fuel rails will be here before my dyno tune...so the new manifold will be getting tuned. Im running my car this weekend at California speedway, where the DA will probably be 3500+, but I will take all this into consideration as a comparison when my manifold is installed. After the tune which is Sept 20 (maybe earlier) I will immediately hit the track. The air will still be crappy, but will be better than 3500+ at that point. Maybe more like 2750.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Unfortunately for me, the dyno shop near me has such a good reputation that they are absolutely slammed with work. They are called Acceleration Performance Solutions. My appointment with them is Sept 20. I know why the other shop dyno numbers were low as well. During the run, I I could smell brakes....I immediately told him that my brakes must be dragging. He told me that his dyno makes that smell. WELL......It turns out that he didn't have my stability control/traction assist completely disabled. So basically the brakes were being applied and killing power. The dyno operator simply had never run one of these cars and didn't know about this feature needing to be disabled. He had contacted the company that makes his dyno and told him the cars ET/MPH and then his HP results. The guy told him right away......the traction control was on!!! So he called me back and wants to redyno it. However, Im actually going to a Accelerated Performance Solutions instead because they actually TUNE the cars.
Looks like my Edelbrock intake manifold and fuel rails will be here before my dyno tune...so the new manifold will be getting tuned. Im running my car this weekend at California speedway, where the DA will probably be 3500+, but I will take all this into consideration as a comparison when my manifold is installed. After the tune which is Sept 20 (maybe earlier) I will immediately hit the track. The air will still be crappy, but will be better than 3500+ at that point. Maybe more like 2750.
Also remember Fontana is 13 ft uphill. You can also run at Irwindale thursday or friday night to compare your 1/8 mile times at Fontana. GOOD LUCK.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Does this look inflated to you guys? Anyone know what the cause could be? Something I'm missing just by looking at the slip?

I was super excited at first, but now that I think about it... it doesn't make a ton of sense?

My only HP/TQ performance mods are the whipple 2.9L, mopar cai, zoomers cat-back, and a dyno tune which is where this report came from. 2011 5.7L 6-speed running 8lbs of boost.

This was sent by a very well respected vendor on this site (who did the install), but the dyno they use is independent from them.

Attachments

461 - 480 of 487 Posts