Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Fello Mopar Mavens,

I live in Tallahassee Fl and would like to put my 2010 SRT on a dyno and have it professionally tuned.

I have not bought a tuner yet as I have knowone to tune it.

I am a firm believer in that the best tuning device is the one that the person doing the tuning is most familiar with.

So I need a person tuner before I get a tuner device, if that makes any sense?!?

I don't mind traveling a little, maybe Jacksonville, Gainsville, etc. I tried googling (is that a word?) but get places all over the country, none near me.

Any and all info appreciated.

Thanks for your time,

Varooom

·
Registered
80 Posts
Buddy, a good tuner can use a few programs.

For our cars, there are a few options.

You should get a handheld straight away I suggest diablo because it is user friendly for people who aren't good with tuning. The handheld only modifies a few perameters but is mainly used to get the tune from a file on the computer onto your cars computer.

Best tuning IMO is data logged tuning, gets you more accuarte data I feel.

Once you get a hand held you can reach out to a tuner (plenty available by web) I suggest Johan - he's pretty well known and regarded as one of the best for gen 3 hemi motors. He will give you a tune to start with via email.. The. With the new tune, you data log and send back for revisions.. This process is repeated as many times as needed. It really is the BEST way to go. Avoid driving long distances.

I have a modified engine (cam, long tube headers bigger th etc.) Abd have an email tune that was revised 5 times. Runs perfect.

pm me is you have questions, ill be glad to help or answer any questions.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts