Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I've ordered the 24250 Dynomax mini race bullets.

Question about the installation, will i need reducers to install them or its okay to weld on 3" mufflers to the stock RT 2013 2.25 or 2.5 pipes?

I believe they are 2.25" pipes stock right?

·
Registered
897 Posts
Pretty sure you will need to reduce down. Slipped perfectly over the 2.75" on my SRT but not so much for yours. I would also ask them to drop the whole exhaust system so there is room to completely weld all around. Many shops are too lazy to do that and never get a nice complete weld at the top if not dropped.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pretty sure you will need to reduce down. Slipped perfectly over the 2.75" on my SRT but not so much for yours. I would also ask them to drop the whole exhaust system so there is room to completely weld all around. Many shops are too lazy to do that and never get a nice complete weld at the top if not dropped.
Then I guess they'll need to put 2.5" on both sides of the muffler and then weld it in?

·
Registered
897 Posts
Yep, I would. 2.75" down to 2.5". Many shops don't seem to stock 2.75" pipe for some reason though. Maybe they can spread the ends on something convenient for you they have in stock. Once you tell them what you have, I'm sure they can adapt something nice. Are you going to a custom shop who knows what to do or somewhere more sketchy like a Meineke?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, I would. 2.75" down to 2.5". Many shops don't seem to stock 2.75" pipe for some reason though. Maybe they can spread the ends on something convenient for you they have in stock. Once you tell them what you have, I'm sure they can adapt something nice. Are you going to a custom shop who knows what to do or somewhere more sketchy like a Meineke?
I'll be getting it done by a custom shop I always use. Yeah I think they'll sort something out as I think I've got 3" on now, Dynomax race bullets but not the mini ones and it seems to me it's been welded onto a 2.5" then to my stock pipe. I'll take it there once my mini bullets arrive here in Saudi Arabia and see what they say.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Hey Wazz

Since it's starting to get hot already here in Florida, I assume it's heating up in Saudi Arabia as well? Not looking forward to the summer around here, not my favorite time of year in this state. Anyway, I was thinking, I wonder how muffler shops even stay in business any more. Years ago, exhaust systems were rotting out and mufflers were falling off just 3 or 4 years after cars rolled out of the showroom. Now with stainless steel pretty much standard these days, seems like nothing EVER rusts off any more. It would seem that custom exhausts for enthusiasts like most of us would be about the only business available for these shops. That said, I'm thinking that custom work is just about the only work these shops would do any more.

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
I just got back from the custom exhaust shop and they said they couldn't install the Dynomax 24250 mini-bullets on my '15 Scat without chopping the crap out of the entire system back of the X point. Said the problem is that the existing mufflers are offset and the mini-bullets are straight, and there isn't enough length in the system to bend pipes to tie everything back together. What the heck? It's a custom shop that does a ton of performance systems and is the same place that custom bent a 3" system for my '63 Plymouth a few years ago. Has anyone else had problems getting these installed? HELP!

·
Super Moderator
12,554 Posts
I just got back from the custom exhaust shop and they said they couldn't install the Dynomax 24250 mini-bullets on my '15 Scat without chopping the crap out of the entire system back of the X point. Said the problem is that the existing mufflers are offset and the mini-bullets are straight, and there isn't enough length in the system to bend pipes to tie everything back together. What the heck? It's a custom shop that does a ton of performance systems and is the same place that custom bent a 3" system for my '63 Plymouth a few years ago. Has anyone else had problems getting these installed? HELP!
Is this not the stock exhaust?

I believe the Automatic and Manual exhausts are different? Your Scat is an auto right? I think the picture may be the manual. Do you have the cylinder mufflers, or indeed have offset suitcase mufflers?

A Guy

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
I have an a8 with offset oval mufflers. Didn't know the manuals got a different system, though in hindsight that makes sense as they don't have to deal with MDS drone.

·
Registered
13,545 Posts
I have an a8 with offset oval mufflers. Didn't know the manuals got a different system, though in hindsight that makes sense as they don't have to deal with MDS drone.
5.7L manuals used those bottle mufflers but far as I know all Scat Packs used the same big oval muffler.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
860 Posts
Gee, they might have to make new tailpipes - SCARY STUFF!!!!!

Go to youtube & type in "BM Muffler." They do ALL KINDS of custom installations & do great quality, short movies of the installs. Watch a few of those & you'll know right away what kind of muffler shop you will need to find. They have MANY installation videos! A good muffler installer can do any kind of plumbing work.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Really wanting to add bullets but don't wanna wake the neighborhood when I leave in the morning. Does it make much more noise than stock? RT 5.7

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
8 Participants
RT_PLUS
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing