Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting these installed tomorrow (yay!), and didn't want to delete the resonators, as I do not want drone. Can I have another set of dynomax installed as resonators or can someone recommend a good resonator to replace stock?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,680 Posts
Ask your shop if they are familiar with J-Pipes. If they do custom work, they can cobble you some and no resonators needed

A Guy

·
Registered
660 Posts
Leave the stock resonators in place.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. The shop Manager talked me into muffler deletes.

His shop does them often and said the delete sounds better, and agreed that keeping the resonators was the way to go.

·
Registered
660 Posts
The dynomax bullets sound much better than just deleting the mufflers allogether.

Reactions: SL63

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm tending to agree. It's loud and throaty, but seems a bit unrefined.

I'm gonna give it a week, and see. I'm probably going gonna have them put on.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ended up ordering some vibrant 1794s to put on.

Straight pipes are way too loud and seemed a bit unrefined. From what I read on this form vibrance are the way to go if you want a nice deep rumble.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I ended up ordering some vibrant 1794s to put on.

Straight pipes are way too loud and seemed a bit unrefined. From what I read on this form vibrance are the way to go if you want a nice deep rumble.
Vibrants are more what the Hellcat guys use and I think they’re a bit quieter as well. Post up some videos when you’re done, id like to see how they sound. You never said what car you own...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Awesome, thanks! We have been looking into anything that will allow it to sound better without spending a ton. Thanks again!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
@ugly_dan You put Vibrants on a 5.7? I am looking to do this, I'm not a fan of a mid delete raspiness. I want a sound a bit deeper and louder without all the raspiness of a delete or a mini bullet.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry I didn't get back to you. Busy as hell. I put them on a 6.4. my T/A with a 5.7 sounds better stock for some reason.

I'm going to put vibrants on eventually but with the coronavirus crap going on, I'm saving money for now.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Its all good man. I've been eyeing them and figured why not and get them, just ordered them on prime. Not a lot of videos of them on 5.7's but a cold start and a guy who put them on his new 19 Ram 1500 with the 5.7 on youtube. They both sound pretty good and I figured why not, I'll keep the stock mufflers after putting them on just in case. Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think they preserve the stock sound, but louder and a tad deeper.

The 5.7 just has a better sound to it, imo.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I think they preserve the stock sound, but louder and a tad deeper.

The 5.7 just has a better sound to it, imo.
So I ordered the Vibrants but I talked to the guy at the Muffler shop here in town and he said they wouldn't make much change to sound on the Challenger since the mufflers are pretty straight through already. I went in this morning to swap out the mids for the Vibrants and quad tips. Do the Vibrants make much of a change in sound??

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
They did on the 6.4 I had. (driving a 5.7 T/A now) I imagine the 5.7 will sound better as well. Sorry I cannot advise for the 5.7.

edit: I'm going to put vibrants on once this corona virus crap subsides.

Edit: check out the reviews for the vibrant on Amazon.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts