Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting these installed tomorrow (yay!), and didn't want to delete the resonators, as I do not want drone. Can I have another set of dynomax installed as resonators or can someone recommend a good resonator to replace stock?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,705 Posts
Ask your shop if they are familiar with J-Pipes. If they do custom work, they can cobble you some and no resonators needed

A Guy

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. The shop Manager talked me into muffler deletes.

His shop does them often and said the delete sounds better, and agreed that keeping the resonators was the way to go.

·
Registered
560 Posts
The dynomax bullets sound much better than just deleting the mufflers allogether.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm tending to agree. It's loud and throaty, but seems a bit unrefined.

I'm gonna give it a week, and see. I'm probably going gonna have them put on.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ended up ordering some vibrant 1794s to put on.

Straight pipes are way too loud and seemed a bit unrefined. From what I read on this form vibrance are the way to go if you want a nice deep rumble.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I ended up ordering some vibrant 1794s to put on.

Straight pipes are way too loud and seemed a bit unrefined. From what I read on this form vibrance are the way to go if you want a nice deep rumble.
Vibrants are more what the Hellcat guys use and I think they’re a bit quieter as well. Post up some videos when you’re done, id like to see how they sound. You never said what car you own...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Awesome, thanks! We have been looking into anything that will allow it to sound better without spending a ton. Thanks again!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts