Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ive been scouring the web for the best option to increase the purr and growl of my 2016 R/t, After alot of reviews and sound clips, I went with the Dynomax 24250 3inch inlet and outlet. So i went to my local muffler shop and they told me that they couldnt weld the piece on as its a 3inch and the one on my vehicle was 2.25. If this is true, how do all these other r/ts have the part installed? Couldnt a reducer be an option or even a small straight welded pipe to fit? Not sure if its the part, or the muffler shop thats the issue. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Well if its 3" then the exhaust needs to be 3"... Putting in a reducer or making the whole exhaust 3" would be a detriment to performance.

Do they not make a 2.25 or even a 2.5"? Any exhaust shop should be able to go up to a 2.5" if you can find that. Or find a different muffler. Plenty of good glasspack styles out there.

Im sure another shop could put the 3" ones on but its just not smart.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well if its 3" then the exhaust needs to be 3"... Putting in a reducer or making the whole exhaust 3" would be a detriment to performance.

Do they not make a 2.25 or even a 2.5"? Any exhaust shop should be able to go up to a 2.5" if you can find that. Or find a different muffler. Plenty of good glasspack styles out there.

Im sure another shop could put the 3" ones on but its just not smart.
Thanks for the Reply, any suggestions on some other options? Ive seen the Glasspacks but heard they drone alot.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Depends where you put them and what you consider to be drone.

I ran summit brand 8" glass packs right after long tubes and midpipes (dumping under the car) and that had only a small amount of drone (to me). If you place the glass pack farther back so its not right under the cabin of the car even less drone.

Couple of local guys I have talked to say they like the kooks R250-14 pieces but they are expensive and again you have to manage where you place them. One guy replaced the resonators with them and deleted the midmuffler (I like this one more) and the other guy replaced the midmuffler with them and left the resonators.

If I was doing glasspacks on a completely stock car, I would replace the mid mufflers with them and delete the resonators and call it good. I like loud though and don't really know/care about drone like other people do.

Reactions: MrRedline
1 - 4 of 4 Posts