Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased two Dynomax 24250 for my 2018 6.4. Scheduled to have them installed tomorrow at local shop and got wondering about their orientation. One end is slightly longer than the other, and neither was marked with a directional arrow or "Inlet" or anything of the sort. There was nothing in the box with them except a Dynomax decal. I called the 800 number on their website for tech support, and was surprised to learn that the "long" end is the inlet. I wonder how many are installed backwards and if it really affects the sound very much since it's a straight thru design. Anyway, hope to help anyone in the future that is buying this product to have it installed correctly.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Didn’t know that. Maybe that’s why my car pulls a little to the left now :ROFLMAO: Seriously though, I think they would stamp a direction on them if important.

·
Premium Member
4,023 Posts
Purchased two Dynomax 24250 for my 2018 6.4. Scheduled to have them installed tomorrow at local shop and got wondering about their orientation. One end is slightly longer than the other, and neither was marked with a directional arrow or "Inlet" or anything of the sort. There was nothing in the box with them except a Dynomax decal. I called the 800 number on their website for tech support, and was surprised to learn that the "long" end is the inlet. I wonder how many are installed backwards and if it really affects the sound very much since it's a straight thru design. Anyway, hope to help anyone in the future that is buying this product to have it installed correctly.
Wow, having mine installed next Thursday. I have seen posted here that they are not directional. Although I was on the website with the automotive center today with the owner. I did notice that the website does refer to the "inlet" and "outlet" so yes, it does matter. Going to go mark mine right now!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Glad mine were installed properly a couple weeks ago. Maybe cause my exhaust guy is a dynomax dealer, he knew the proper orientation
Motor vehicle White Automotive tire Light Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Wow, had them on my previous Scat - now I wonder which way they were and I don't think I have any photos... :unsure:

·
Premium Member
4,023 Posts
Wow, had them on my previous Scat - now I wonder which way they were and I don't think I have any photos... :unsure:
Were you happy with the sound of them?

·
Premium Member
4,023 Posts
They were a little raspy at high rpms to me, but that's being a little picky. Overall I think they were a fair match for the 392 and were great at start up and general driving.
Getting mine put on my Scat next Thursday. Will listen to see if I detect any "raspyness". I will post a thread with impressions.

·
Super Moderator
17,238 Posts
I'd wonder if there were louvered slots that are visible inside - but if that was concealed by a perforated sleeve, then no visual cues.

good on your part to ask - now we have more collective info

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
1,324 Posts
Glass packs had this also. quiet or less depending on which end U choose as inlet. Louver version here

·
Registered
85 Posts
They were a little raspy at high rpms to me, but that's being a little picky. Overall I think they were a fair match for the 392 and were great at start up and general driving.
You had that with the stock resonators as well I'm assuming? I am thinking about doing this but worried about the rasp you mentioned.

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
You had that with the stock resonators as well I'm assuming? I am thinking about doing this but worried about the rasp you mentioned.
Yes, this was with the resonators left on. It's such a personal taste thing, the only way to really know if you like it is to do it. :)
Even if I wasn't 100% happy with the tone at WoT, I didn't regret the mod - it's quite cost efficient compared to doing a whole new system.

·
Premium Member
4,023 Posts
Yes, this was with the resonators left on. It's such a personal taste thing, the only way to really know if you like it is to do it. :)
Even if I wasn't 100% happy with the tone at WoT, I didn't regret the mod - it's quite cost efficient compared to doing a whole new system.
Yes, even if a little raspy at WOL I'm ok. Don't spend much time there. It's cruising around sound I'm after.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts