Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! Just picked up a 2020 Scat Pack Shaker and I’m looking to replace the mufflers. I see everybody using the Mini Race Bullets but I’m curious about the regular Race Bullets #24222.

Can anybody share their experience with the Regulars (loudness & tone) compared to the Minis? I’m open to other muffler suggestions as well.

Thank in advance!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,585 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;)

A Guy

Reactions: MX392

·
Registered
62 Posts
I had the Dynomax regular race bullets on my 2015 SP, part # 24248. These have a woven fiberglass material inside but are still a straight through design, just like the ones you are considering. I left the resonators in place. The sound is similar to stock but slightly louder. They roar pretty good at wide open throttle, but there is no drone. A good setup if you want a bit more sound without going too loud. Sound good with a cold startup too.
Dynomax told me that the fiberglass should last the life of the muffler as long as you don't regularly race. I did take mine to the Arkansas Mile and did 9 runs and that did opened mine out a bit. As the fiberglass slowly burns away they will get louder, but not offensive. They make the mini bullets for racers with no fiberglass packing to burn out. Being shorter in length and no packing, they are much louder.
May I suggest part # 24248, as it is the same dimensions as 24222, but is all stainless instead of aluminized.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I just had the #24248 race bullets installed. They are about 20-25% louder and give it a nice slightly deeper tone. If you are looking for significant volume increase then these are not the ones for you and the mini bullets might a be better fit. These are great if you are looking for slightly more and fuller sound without a brutal cold start (a potential issue if you live in a condo or apartment) or being obnoxious.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had the Dynomax regular race bullets on my 2015 SP, part # 24248. These have a woven fiberglass material inside but are still a straight through design, just like the ones you are considering. I left the resonators in place. The sound is similar to stock but slightly louder. They roar pretty good at wide open throttle, but there is no drone. A good setup if you want a bit more sound without going too loud. Sound good with a cold startup too.
Dynomax told me that the fiberglass should last the life of the muffler as long as you don't regularly race. I did take mine to the Arkansas Mile and did 9 runs and that did opened mine out a bit. As the fiberglass slowly burns away they will get louder, but not offensive. They make the mini bullets for racers with no fiberglass packing to burn out. Being shorter in length and no packing, they are much louder.
May I suggest part # 24248, as it is the same dimensions as 24222, but is all stainless instead of aluminized.
Thank you for the suggestion. These sound like what I’m looking for. Something louder then stock but not as loud as Minis. I’ll definitely check out the stainless.

I just had the #24248 race bullets installed. They are about 20-25% louder and give it a nice slightly deeper tone. If you are looking for significant volume increase then these are not the ones for you and the mini bullets might a be better fit. These are great if you are looking for slightly more and fuller sound without a brutal cold start (a potential issue if you live in a condo or apartment) or being obnoxious.
Thanks for the info. The cold start was my biggest concern as I live in a apartment here in Los Angeles. I love the stock exhaust already, just wanted to “wake it up” a bit. I plan on going with the 24248....but now I just discovered the Vibrants 1794 haha. Going to have to decide between the 2.

·
Registered
2020 HellRaisin 1320
250 Posts
I love the stock exhaust already, just wanted to “wake it up” a bit. I plan on going with the 24248....but now I just discovered the Vibrants 1794 haha. Going to have to decide between the 2.
I'm in a similar boat as you, although I don't care so much about my neighbors, but I have always tried to be respectful and not go crazy revving my vehicles. And I'm in Texas where there are plenty of loud cars, and even louder trucks. Plus I'm a bit older now and a bit over being loud for the sake of being loud. Been there, done that. If it enhanced performance thats one thing, but we're talking about replacing something thats already a straight through design so there's no performance gain to be had.

I'm not into the raspyness of a full delete, and even the mini's, although better, sound a bit rough to me when revving. I have the exact same sentiment as you, "I love the stock exhaust already, just wanted to “wake it up” a bit". Tons of videos out there with the minis and full-deletes, but not many with the longer dynomax or vibrants.

I found one pretty good video of the vibrant 1794 on a 392 Charger, and honestly, I think I'm personally leaning towards those. Just wish there were more videos of the other Dynomax ones too to compare. Might wait a month or two before I take the leap. Gotta delete the active exhaust first and see how I feel with that.

·
Registered
2019 SXT Blacktop
50 Posts
How would the aforementioned parts do on the v6? I know it won't sound like a v8 but will the sound difference be equivalent?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,585 Posts
I don't believe I have seen anyone install Dynomax bullets on a V6. I'm a firm believer that unless you know a specific muffler replacement that works, a full cat back is the way to go. It's not just about loud, the V6 needs help to make it sound better ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
2019 SXT Blacktop
50 Posts
I don't believe I have seen anyone install Dynomax bullets on a V6. I'm a firm believer that unless you know a specific muffler replacement that works, a full cat back is the way to go. It's not just about loud, the V6 needs help to make it sound better ;)

A Guy
Man those are not very cheap. Haha not what I was hoping to hear.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts