Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I emailed Dynomax and asked them about their new VT muffler in regards to whether this muffler would eliminate the drone on the 5.7 Hemi with MDS on the Challenger. They responded that yes it would eliminate the drone. I also asked them how the VT muffler flowed compared to the Ultraflow mufffler. They said that the Ultraflow muffler outflowed the VT muffler by a little bit. The Dynomax website compares the 2 1/2 inch inlet and outlet VT to a compareable Magnaflow and Flowmaster muffler in terms of exhaust flow. The VT 17956 flows 841 cfm at 1.5 inches of mercury. The Magnaflow 11226 flows 588 cfm at 1.5 inches of mercury and the Flowmaster 42541 flows 373 cfm at 1.5 inches of mercury.
I asked them to post a sound clip of a 5.7 Hemi Challenger with the MDS engaged equiped with these mufflers. I told them many Challenger owners are interested in an exhaust system that has no drone. Hopefully they will post a sound clip so we can see the results before purchasing these mufflers.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I've used Dyno Max UltraFlow mufflers on just about everything I've owned. When my SRT comes in they will be used used again!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I used the Dynomax VT mufflers on my 72 Challenger with a 360 Magnum and the 390 horse crate engine cam and Hooker Comp headers. I don't care for the sound. Now that engine had a fairly healthy lope at idle, but all I could think of was an old semi or tractor with a rain cap on the exhaust. On my setup the exhaust had a very metallic sound. All I could figure out was the baffle was banging around inside the muffler as the exhaust pulses occurred. My $.02

1 - 3 of 3 Posts