Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a way to quiet down my challenger when cruising and not lose power when accelerating.
I was looking at electric cutouts and running side pipes, but I also saw the information about the dynomax muffler with the spring loaded valve in it.
Anyone try these yet?

·
Registered
96 Posts
A buddy ran them on a healthy 6.0 LS years ago.. Over time and heat cycles, the springs do start to weaken, and progressively get louder.. Amazing idea that works rather well.. When they are full open, you have roughly the same muffling power as a mini bullet, but when closed, sounds great

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the feedback. These would be going behind a 6.1 based 426 hemi I am swapping in.
Unfortunately it looks like they are not very popular as summit and jegs only sell a few, and none are large enough (3") for my application...

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
188 Posts
I'd like to have the active exhaust your hellcat has, best of both worlds.
On a daily driver you might want a quiet muffler but on a hobby car like my Hellcat, I like the louder exhaust. That might get tiring if you had to use the car everyday. Your neighbors will get tired of it, that's for sure.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
On a daily driver you might want a quiet muffler but on a hobby car like my Hellcat, I like the louder exhaust. That might get tiring if you had to use the car everyday. Your neighbors will get tired of it, that's for sure.
It's not my DD, but I do occasionally take family road trips with it (wife + 2 kids).
When I swap in the 426 it's going to go from loud to obscene, and i'll definitely need a quiet button.
It's looking like a set of quiet magnaflows for the stock exhaust, and cutouts with side exits for when I want it loud.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts