Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a Dynomax VT dual cat back system for my Challenger R/T Redline and since then have had a loud pop/thunk sound when I start accelerating. Their website advertises replace and refund orginal price plus 50 worth of the labor you paid to have it installed.

The dynomax support people state that they in no way cover any type of professional labor since the system is designed to just be clipped onto the car.

Be very wary with dealing with this company as I feel I have received a defective product and they do nothing but false advertise on their website in regards to Warranty/Guarantee.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have the Dynomax VT Cat back and I love it... Are you sure everything is properly installed? It sound like a pipe hitting somewhere when accelerating. I would have the install shop to double check it.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No it sounds like someone opens a sealed mason jar when it lets pressure off lid. The thing is welded together very solidly with all hooks used

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
315 Posts
I am not sure it the mufflers can be installed the wrong way or not but I do know they have the flaps inside that open up when you accelerate... Maybe worth checking.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Probably is those flaps inside. Biggest problem is their warranty/gaurantee page on website is 100% lies beyond the replace the muffler part. (have not received replacement muffler yet)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts