Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dynomax VT's are too quiet! Whats the Fix?

Hey folks. I have a '13 R/T 6 speed. Had a reso delete and loved it but wife said the drone gave her headaches during longer drives. I installed SRT Shorty's and mids and the had dynomax VTs welded in place of the bottle mufflers and still have straight pipe all the way back to factory tips.

This thing is super QUIET! It boggles my mind how this setup can be almost stock exhaust quiet! I love the no drone but need some more volume! Should a rip out the VTs and try another muffler? Should a drill a hole in my exhaust somewhere to let some volume out? Anyone have any other ideas?

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Hey folks. I have a '13 R/T 6 speed. Had a reso delete and loved it but wife said the drone gave her headaches during longer drives. I installed SRT Shorty's and mids and the had dynomax VTs welded in place of the bottle mufflers and still have straight pipe all the way back to factory tips.

This thing is super QUIET! It boggles my mind how this setup can be almost stock exhaust quiet! I love the no drone but need some more volume! Should a rip out the VTs and try another muffler? Should a drill a hole in my exhaust somewhere to let some volume out? Anyone have any other ideas?
Find an aggressive sounding (typically smaller in size) muffler and replace the VTs with them. I would say sell your catback and save for a more aggressive one but it sounds like you just have the mufflers. I would not put holes in your exhaust, that can have bad consequences and cause sound distortions. I would buck up and get a full catback system that you've heard in real life that you love. I did that and it worked. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What if I drilled a hole in the mufflers, pulled half the fiberglass insulation out to reduce the sound deadening effect the had the hole welded close? Anyone think that would work?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2021 Go Mango SPWB 6MT
69 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts