Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I stopped at my local Mercedes Benz dealer and picked up the Emergency Brake cover (part # 203-430-00-84) that matches the clutch, brake and accelerator for $18 and change.

The install is pretty simple. I used a small flat bladed screw driver to get the stock E brake cover off. Now, some folks claim they had to modify the Mercedes one to fit. I thought I also needed to until installed it from the top of the E brake and tucked the rubber behind metal pedal and the arm. Once that was done it slipped right on.

·
Registered
132 Posts
GOOD INFO. I'm going on down to my closest MARSAYDEEZ dealer and get one ordered this week.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
607 Posts
Can this set not be ordered online? Looks great btw!

·
Registered
406 Posts
I thought I also needed to until installed it from the top of the E brake and tucked the rubber behind metal pedal and the arm. Once that was done it slipped right on.
I think there are 2-3 different styles of those E brakes. Me, and others like me, have had to modify ours one way. Some have to modify another way. And others, like you, don't need to modify at all.

Looks great btw man! :bigthumb:

Can this set not be ordered online? Looks great btw!
Sure can! MERCEDES-BENZ PAD (203-430-00-84)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Just finished doing mine this evening. I popped the original off with no issues and did not need any tools. However, I was having a hard time getting the new cover on so I soaked it in boiling water for about 10 minutes or so and then used a flat screwdriver. It took a few minutes to really stretch it out but then it went on. I love this look and I have to say that I do not know why Dodge did not install a matching e-brake cover in the first place.

So my first "mod" has now been completed..................onward and upward to other mods and then bankruptcy :woot:

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can order it online but the S/H and maybe tax will run the price up.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Well I go to college in a super small city and am nowhere near a Mercedez dealership. I would say 2 and a half hours at best, probably more than that though. So I would be ok with paying the extra if you can find me a link to the set that would be awesome!

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
It looks like it from the picture, but I would like to be sure - does this match the Mopar Bright Pedal kit? I purchased this early on, just want to make sure that's what everyone else has before ordering/buying. Thanks.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Remember, Mercedes owned a big chunk of Chrylser at one time and if you look close you will still find a lot of Merecedes parts on our cars.

Also, the stock 6 sp pedals and auto pedals match to a "T" IMHO.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Link still goes to the Epad only. Oh well. Maybe I will just buy that pad and get the Mopar kit for the rest.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, that is correct.. The Mopar kit does not have the Epad.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Will it fit the parking brake pedal on Canadian cars? Not equipped with emergency brake.
A parking brake is the same thing as an emergency brake. If your car is a SRT8 6-speed then I believe it should have come with the metal/rubber covers on the clutch, brake and gas pedals but not the parking/emergency brake. The MB emergency brake cover will fit this.

Here is a link to a couple of different threads that shows better pictures of the original cover and the MB one and can give you some other details/advice.
http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f5/emergency-brake-pedal-cover-58554/
http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f5/first-mod-already-done-2011-a-49740/

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
No modifications needed on mine. A little silicone spray behind the pad & worked it right on.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Just intalled it on my 2010. Just needed a screwdriver to help get the rubber grommet seated. About an hour later I was taking my 6yr old to taekwondo, and as we parked he ASKED 'what is that small pedal for?? After almost two years he noticed a 4th pedal. That is enough endorsement for me!!!!

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
I purchased this, and it didn't come close to fitting on correctly as-is. I had to hack it up pretty good to get it on, and it wasn't very stable so I attached with some weatherstripping adhesive. I've had it taped on for a couple of days now, hoping that the weatherstripping holds it in place long term.

·
Registered
182 Posts
wow... Im going to order mine tomorrow

·
Registered
136 Posts
Just put mine on. Went the wd40 route and it slipped right on with some manipulation

·
Mumber
389 Posts
Thanks for the insight

I stopped at my local Mercedes Benz dealer and picked up the Emergency Brake cover (part # 203-430-00-84) that matches the clutch, brake and accelerator for $18 and change.

The install is pretty simple. I used a small flat bladed screw driver to get the stock E brake cover off. Now, some folks claim they had to modify the Mercedes one to fit. I thought I also needed to until installed it from the top of the E brake and tucked the rubber behind metal pedal and the arm. Once that was done it slipped right on.

Picked one up today. Cost me 24 bucks in northern jersey but the install was easy. I didn't need any tools but putting the new one on took several attempts before it loosened up enough for me to roll the opposite edge on.

Thanks again I love the easy and factory finished mods!
:pimp:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts