Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious to see what folks have thought of E&G louvers vs. the more expensive HPP louvers. I've got about $950.00 for mods in the budget so I could go with a set of the HPPs. On the other hand if I go with the E&G louvers I could also get a rear strut brace and have $300 left for hydrodipping interior peices, Airaid CAI, or hood pins etc...

While I like the HPP louvers I'm leaning towards the E&G louvers since there's the added flexibility in get additional mods I want to get done and in general they've looked nice on the threads I've looked at. I think the biggest draw back I've seen is people discussing the tape lifting up on them which I'm not sure if there's a work around for Although I saw one person post about switching to Velcro as an alternative mounting method.

Take it easy
Jay

·
Registered
558 Posts
I'm curious to see what folks have thought of E&G louvers vs. the more expensive HPP louvers. I've got about $950.00 for mods in the budget so I could go with a set of the HPPs. On the other hand if I go with the E&G louvers I could also get a rear strut brace and have $300 left for hydrodipping interior peices, Airaid CAI, or hood pins etc...

While I like the HPP louvers I'm leaning towards the E&G louvers since there's the added flexibility in get additional mods I want to get done and in general they've looked nice on the threads I've looked at. I think the biggest draw back I've seen is people discussing the tape lifting up on them which I'm not sure if there's a work around for Although I saw one person post about switching to Velcro as an alternative mounting method.

Take it easy
Jay
Jay,
I have had the E&Gs on my R/T since new (Dec 2010). I did have some lifting issues, along with occasional rattling from them on the highway. I pulled them off last winter due to tape lifting, and I damaged a couple of the brackets. I ordered a new installation kit from E&G and since re-installing them haven't had either issue again, even during really cold temps we've had this winter. The bracket design was different than the original design, and the original installation wasn't done right. The only addition I made was using black sealant around each bracket to keep water away from the 3M adhesive tape.

The installation is pretty straight forward, but make sure you have another person to help you when it comes time to place them.
If you want to see them in person before deciding, let me know as I'm right on the MA/RI line.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the info and the offer. I'd seen your posts on the E&G louvers while searching the boards as well as feedback from a few others that made me feel like it'd be worth considering and the price seems pretty reasonable. Good to hear the design has changed a bit for the better it sounds like. Hopefully we'll run into one another at a bass pro show at some point.

Take it easy
Jay

1 - 3 of 3 Posts