Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who have been considering Eagle heads, here is the info that we have gathered.

1. Whats is an Eagle head? This is the oem head on 09 and up 5.7's.
2. Why should I consider Eagle heads? Because they flow as much as 6.1's with a higher velocity and more low lift flow.
3. Does this translate to more hp? Yes, 7hp/11tq on an engine dyno using same engine, cam, and manifold.
4. Will these fit on a 6.1 without modification? No, you will need new pushrods and eagle valve covers. Considering most will be adding pushrods with the purchase of heads, this doesnt add any cost, but the valve covers do increase the cost by $100
5. Will this affect my compression ratio? Yes it will, see below.

We have two different versions of our eagle heads.

Ver 1: Standard Chamber (65cc)

Ver 2: CNC Chamber (69cc)

What this means is that the 6.1 chamber is 73cc and has a compression ratio of 10.3:1. Using the standard chamber, compression would increase to 11.4:1 which would be borderline too much for 93 octane and a cast piston. The CNC'd chamber will drop that compression back down to 10.8:1 which is perfect for 93 octane. The .5 increase in compression is also worth a few extra ponies in the hp dept.

Now if you are a 5.7 and looking for ported heads, the standard chamber will leave your compression the same and we then mill the heads .010" which ensures flatness and raises the compression to 10.75:1. Using the cnc's chambers, your compression would drop from 10.5:1 to 10:1 which will help if its a boosted motor.

These eagle heads below have our upgraded titanium retainers and oem valves. Standard retainers are Manley chromoly. We also have optional oversize valves available. These heads also use oem valve guides with bronze liners but we will soon be replacing these with bronze guides once they arrive.

In closing, if you are looking to add heads/cam to your current build, these are the heads for you. Core charge is $800 but we will accept eagle or 6.1 cores for a full refund.

$1698 is the cost using oem valves and chromoly retainers. Titanium retainers and oversize valves are available.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
I cant wait for the day i can put a set of these heads on my car Andy. Thanx for the info.
Yep, as soon as a couple of bills are paid for, I will begin to mod!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.