Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the early R/Ts had the imitation wood panel on the interior doors, but what did the base and SE models have?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Many bases had the wood trim also (mine does). The SEs had a carpet strip along the bottom along with a red reflector.

Reactions: RockanRoll

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've seen hundreds, if not thousands of those panels over the years, and almost all of them had the woodgrain and the fratzog. The SE's had the woodgrain with the "Special Edition" script, and the carpeting with reflector on the bottom. I could count on one hand the panels I've seen without the woodgrain, and frankly, they're not very attractive.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The panels without woodgrain were on very early production 1970 models, built from August '69 through roughly October '69. They were also used on low-line models such as the A93 coupe package.

For the most part though, almost all '70-'74 Challengers will have the woodgrain insert in the doors with the Dodge triangle; the exception being SE or R/T SE models that had the Special Edition script as noted by another poster.

Roseville Dodge and Dante's Parts carry nearly perfect reproductions of the original panels if you're looking for a set.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts