Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Summit Racing today just to get out of the house, my favorite place in the world. So the first thing i see when i walk in is the predator tuner, I say "man i want to get that" wife says "how much is it? you should" I say "whaaaat?!?" she says "yeah" I say "for real" she says "were here, might as well, your gonna need it anyway right" I say "allllllrrrrreeady!!" Got the kit, they gave me a discount, and found out i have thirty something summit bucks! Great end to a crappy week...
So anyway What do i do with it?

·
Registered
676 Posts
Lol, congrats man! Great story ;)

All you have to do is take it out of the box, at the bottom it has a cord with a funky lookin giant plug. Just look under your steering column up above the pedals (it's pretty much right under the steering wheel) and find spot where you plug that sucker in.

That's about it. Make sure you turn off your radio and anything else that would drain un-needed power as it might effect the tune. Then just turn the power of your car on when the predator starts to come on (don't start the engine EVER untill the end when it tells you it's done and you restart it). Simply follow the instructions. It should tell you to turn it off then back on 1-2 times during the upload process. For now just put in the Perf.91 preset tune (if you have a CAI, do the Perf.91 CAI) and that's about it really.

It comes with a mini instruction book to help you out too just in case, and it's pretty good.

Good luck! If you have any questions, just ask! ;)

Myself and MANY others will be happy to help you out. There is a chance you may have to update the firmware first but that's no biggie, just gotta get the USB adapter so you can plug it in to your computer and update it.

·
Registered
296 Posts
congrats!!!
New Challenger toys are always a great way to end the week!

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
I always tell my wife thanks for "letting" me get something for my car.
She just laughs and says "OK so is this the actual last thing you're doing to it?"

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool so i dont have to connect it to the internet to download everything i want to do to the car? Im horrible with most electronics so its good to know theres folks willing and able to help out.

·
Registered
676 Posts
As long as your car and the tuner are on the same firmware, your computer won't be needed. However if they are different firmware, you will need your computer to update the firmware on your predator.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts