Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it would seem all 2,000 shakers were not sold to customers? Just looking at Purple Challengers online, I found 5 for sale within 300 miles of my zipcode in just purple. Still all overpriced but apparently not that hard to come by

·
Registered
281 Posts
Remember that just because it shows up on the dealer website doesn't mean it has not been sold already. When I ordered my 13 R/T it showed up first as in transit and then when it came in it showed up in inventory pictures and all after it was home in my garage. Strange but true. I asked my salesman about that and he said they post every car they order to the website even if they were customer orders. But I bet you are right about being able to find some that were dealer orders because they think they wont have to discount them and dealers love that. I still haven't seen one in person yet but hope too as soon as the local car show season kicks off.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
My dealer is still showing a Black Shaker for sale on their website and I have the car in my garage, same vin#. They've had it listed as in transit for 3 months.. they do that to get people to come in to look at the car then sell then something different. Sales gimmicks.
The cars you say are showing are probably already sold.
Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
Remember that just because it shows up on the dealer website doesn't mean it has not been sold already. When I ordered my 13 R/T it showed up first as in transit and then when it came in it showed up in inventory pictures and all after it was home in my garage. Strange but true. I asked my salesman about that and he said they post every car they order to the website even if they were customer orders. But I bet you are right about being able to find some that were dealer orders because they think they wont have to discount them and dealers love that. I still haven't seen one in person yet but hope too as soon as the local car show season kicks off.
Yep, same here. I ordered my RTC and it showed up on the dealers website as soon as it was marked for In Transit to me.... went off the website the day it hit the dealer lot for me.

I DO think that all 2,000 that Chrysler said they would build were all ordered... by dealerships thinking they would sell them easy or to customers like folks on this and other forums knowing it was coming. Personally I think the SHaker version is going to be the best resale and sought after one up to this point honestly. That is a great package.

Reactions: shaker2014

·
Registered
22 Posts
Local dealership just got in a Header Orange shaker car with the black stripe package. I really like the look of that shaker and the wheels. Could do without the stripes and orange grill surround. Window sticker: $40,385. It's an automatic.

In Ashland, KY if anyone is interested. No, I don't work for them.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Just picked up my pcp shaker (317) from Dodge of Burnsville (Minnesota). They have two more and sold me mine with my company's affiliate pricing (1% below invoice). They have a PCP and Torred remaining. Highly recommend.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
104 Posts
Just picked up my pcp shaker (317) from Dodge of Burnsville (Minnesota). They have two more and sold me mine with my company's affiliate pricing (1% below invoice). They have a PCP and Torred remaining. Highly recommend.

The #'s on the two on the lot at Dodge of Burnsville are # 216 (Plum Crazy, auto, minus sunroof and engine block heater) and #303 (Torred, auto, fully loaded). Barnett Dodge in White Bear Lake (MN) has #180 on their showroom floor (Plum Crazy, auto, loaded) but they didn't seem to interested in coming down off the price.

·
Premium Member
10,032 Posts
The #'s on the two on the lot at Dodge of Burnsville are # 216 (Plum Crazy, auto, minus sunroof and engine block heater) and #303 (Torred, auto, fully loaded). Barnett Dodge in White Bear Lake (MN) has #180 on their showroom floor (Plum Crazy, auto, loaded) but they didn't seem to interested in coming down off the price.
Jeremiah 17: 5-10

Then those cars will sit like the yellow jackets did, beautiful and desirable but overpriced.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts