Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone, last weekend I finally used the warm weather to install some EBAY LED Tails I bought late last year.

I used VHT Niteshades and Duplicolor clear to tint. So the tails are listed for 08-10 - i didnt think there would be a big difference and there wasn't. The connectors are the same. The major modification needed is that you need to cut the led tail middle section so you can swap in the 11+ trim plate with the trunk opener. I ended up swapping all 3 lights trim pieces/removable plastic from the OEM lights. All the screw holes will line up. On the outer tails, i swapped the removable plastic pieces because OEM has a rubber seal where it meets the body and the ebay ones did not.

Anyways - here are some pics.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Pic of the tails while im tinting. The middle portion of the trunk tail needs to be trimmed to allow the factory trunk release to be swapped.

Daytime pic - car is dirty :eek:

Evening pic to compare with my Maxima LED tails. I made the Maxima LED tails from scratch and used the same LEDs that the OEMs did so i wanted to see how these ebay ones compared when tinted.

They are not as bright but i think they will do.

night pic with lights on only

brake/flasher (i took a bunch of pics with the emergency lights on to catch it bright - that's why 3rd brake light isnt on)

Day after - washed waxed and summer wheels put back on.

Now that is has been about a week - i will lightly sand and polish/wax the tails so they have a glossier finish.

UPDATE - added a challenger sticker in the middle (well kinda in the middle)

I will tint the side marker lights front and rear next

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Looks great! I didnt kno if i was gonna like my aftermarkets either, and theyve grown on me. I did a little plastidip to jazz mine up. I like yours too! Good call

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i like them.

i bought some CHALLENGER letters to put in the reverse tail section - once i get them on and polish the tails; ill get better daytime pics

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
How much and what's the link to the led tails.
Looks AWESOME man. Great job

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
Looks nice! I have them with superbird overlays from HPP.

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
reverse light

with that overlay does it block out the reverse light?...regardless i love you car and its definitely the baddest challenger on this forum!
You still have the reverse light with the HPP cover but it's not as bright. Thanks for the compliment!

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
You may have just sold me! I've been trying to figure out with my taillights, I've wanted to smoke them but want to keep it legal at night.

Looks awesome

·
Registered
329 Posts
Awesome I will be doing this soon...this is how they should look from the factory.

·
Registered
305 Posts
random but...

i have sequentials and i'm not sure if they will be compatible with these? thinking the wiring should be pretty much identical...
not sure bout that one..it does utilize your stock harness that plugs into new led lamp feeds...also has resistors for signals...that would be a question for the guys who make sequentials

·
Registered
93 Posts
Wish you would have taken pics of the mods required to use these 08-11 lights on a 14? I want these bad, did you take any OP?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wish you would have taken pics of the mods required to use these 08-11 lights on a 14? I want these bad, did you take any OP?
I didn't but it is pretty simple:

Swap the bar with the trunk release button on it onto the new taillights. When you go do this you will see the area of the new tails where you have to trim some plastic away for the button to clear. All the holes line up.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts