Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced my stock brake pads recently with some ebc yellow stuff pads which from what I heard are damn good pads. They definitely bite harder than the stock ones but now they've been on the car for about a week and they're LOUD. I sound like a semi at every stop light. Should I upgrade to some new rotors to compliment and shut up the yellowstuffs? Or are the pads just breaking in and the squeeling will eventually stop? :dunno:

·
Premium Member
2013 Challenger SRT8
1,467 Posts
I replaced my stock brake pads recently with some ebc yellow stuff pads which from what I heard are damn good pads. They definitely bite harder than the stock ones but now they've been on the car for about a week and they're LOUD. I sound like a semi at every stop light. Should I upgrade to some new rotors to compliment and shut up the yellowstuffs? Or are the pads just breaking in and the squeeling will eventually stop? :dunno:
lol, love the semi analogy...I have ECB yellow for 11000 miles now and they do squeak pretty heavily at the beginning; this is normal; were they installed with brake quiet paste? usually they are not which bring the squeaking even more

i drove mine for at 1500 miles in city driving before getting them to shut up; i installed them in April and did not get to the track until May last year

may be do a lot of bedding following process; it might help; they also take a longer time to get to temperature; they are for occasional track day so they are designed to operate at higher temperatures than stock; higher running temp less squeaking

also expect after a wash or on a rainy day for these things to be squeaking throughout their life or mid life; the mid life squeaking

mine at 11000 miles are done, they don't speak anymore but asking for due retirement

finally they do bite harder on your rotor so you may get a slight ring/lip at 15k miles on your vehicle's rotor depending on your driving style and how many times you have gone to the track road coursing it

who cares about the squeaking, you have the coolest car...squeaking .... cheers ODP

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
heres what i was told

ebc pads are a ceramic ( again told this. not sure thought ) hawks are not a metallic.. and from my understanding ceramic pads are more prone for NOISE..
ferro carbon pads like a hawk are not as prone to noise

this is what i found after reading and chatting with people.. again not 100% sure.

probably not much you can do.. did you bed them?

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Just gotta break em in well, and they will be fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts