Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

I'm about to install some eibach pro springs on my 2010 srt8 6spd. I know I need a spring compressor... And a ball joint separator???? What size do I need or are they universal.. And a auto part store that might have one instock? Thanks..

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
I didn't use a ball joint separator for one side, just left the nut on and tapped with a mallet, popped loose without a problem. I then went to Advanced Auto Parts and got the separator I needed, and did the other side. You don't need it, but if tapping doesn't pop it loose, I would go pounding on it with a sledge. You don't want to mess up the ball joint threads, and I believe the nuts are made of an alloy.

And yes, you WILL need spring compressors. If you haven't got a set, I would just buy a set. I've used mine at least 5 times since I got them, and I'll be doing the front springs on my SRT10 Ram within a couple months at which time I'll be doing them again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Look for the videos on Utube from Speedy's Garage that will show you the equipment needed for the installation of the shocks (dampers) and springs. I went to O'Reilly's Auto parts and used their compressor and puller. If you return them w/in a couple of days there is no charge. I have an air compressor which helps but it was an easy one day project on my SRT8 6spd.

Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts