Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have a 2014 Challenger RT 100th annv. Edition with a level 2 scat pack kit installed and a supercharger as well.

I was driving it today and I got a ton of lights on my dash so I checked the code. It was P0606 ecm/pcm. Since it has the level 2 scat pack kit it has the upgraded ecm. I called Steve White Motors were I bought it from and found out the actual kit has a 2 year warranty so that’s gone for good at this point as it was installed 4 years ago at another dealer. (Previous owner).

Like a dummy I reset the code... The only thing I’ve noticed is sometimes the rpm will hang at 2k and not drop off normally and the throttle is jerky when granny driving.

Should I be looking for another ecm? First time this has ever happened and car only has 17k miles on her, very well kept.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
What i can tell you is that generic code will not get you far. If you have access to the datalogs on the car, i would record a couple logs and see whats acting funny. I know that when installing a new ecu , the first 30 min the car acts funny. As in hangs revs a lot and acts jerky like you mentioned, but i highly recommend having someone who knows a thing or two take a look at it if you are not willing

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What would I need to check the logs? I’m assuming a tuner to access the computer? I’ve never done that with a vehicle but I’m very computer savvy. This is the ecm.

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
3,384 Posts
Since the ECU has already been out and replaced, double check the actual connection to it. Make sure all contacts are clean and correctly aligned. Make sure none are loose in the connector (pushed back).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That was the first thing I did. The contacts were all perfect no corrosion and all straight. I’m going to start looking for a tuner to run logs on it. Did a lot of reading last night. This car has a moderate level of modifications (previous owner) and I think running logs will tell me more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts