Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2016 SRT
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I read a thread on here about someone using the ECO mode and got great gas mileage. And it may have been true. Here is what my trip was, Went to Ennis, Texas from Lawton, Oklahoma to watch the NHRA race (AWESOME) and I figured id give it a try. I have a 2016 SRT, no I'm not worried about gas mileage if I was I would drive a Honda or something anyways I drove down there and averaged 20.2 mpg and thought well hell I've ran this similar distance and left it in default mode and got the same results. So I wonder if this ECO mode would work better on a really long road trip rather then a short one???? Anyone else try this mode?

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
I'd imagine ECO mode would run better on short distances than long uninterrupted ones.

Unless ECO mode causes MDS to come online sooner.

When I used it, I noticed the car would never go down to 1st gear, would always stay in 2nd, resulting in very relaxed acceleration.

·
Registered
580 Posts
ECO mode helps me get a little better mileage on local around town driving. Yes the car is a little slower, but not a big deal since I'm on local stop and go driving. Anywhere between 19 and 22 mpg based on the gauge on the center cluster. As for highway driving, long trip stuff, not much of a difference between ECO and not ECO. Depending on hills and speed limit, highway can get anywhere from 25 (Pennsylvania / North Carolina) to 28 mpg (flat land like Iowa or Indiana). I'm driving a 2016 Hellcat A8. No MDS. 21,000 miles in almost 2 years.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I commute my SRT about 80km each day. I use eco mode almost exclusively, except when i need to get home in a hurry. I'll average 8.9-9.5l/100km (24-26 US MPG) with some city driving in the mix as well. On long road trips, its not uncommon to dip into the 7.4l/100km range (~32 US MPG). Eco mode helps a ton. MDS kicks in sooner, the transmission will shift sooner to keep the revs low, and first gear is disabled.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Does Tazer open up Eco Mode on the SP? I don't have it as an option on my car. Best I've gotten so far on highway trips is around 22MPG. CT is very hilly and the highways are almost always jam-packed.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Y used ECO mode and I was very happy with the mileage, but then I turned off (like a week after) and the car behave like the ECO is enable but it is not!
I freak out and just disconect the battery for about 10 min and reconnected and the car start to run normally.
Someone have the same problem?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Y used ECO mode and I was very happy with the mileage, but then I turned off (like a week after) and the car behave like the ECO is enable but it is not!
I freak out and just disconect the battery for about 10 min and reconnected and the car start to run normally.
Someone have the same problem?
i'm afraid to use eco mode because this might happen. i'm curious if this has happened to anyone else too?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts