Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 15 sxt challenger how do I go about unlocking my computer in order for tunes and tweaking just trying to do some mods for horsepower and torque

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Has any of you used the diablo tuner?, is it worth the money and has anyone had problems

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,812 Posts
Has any of you used the diablo tuner?, is it worth the money and has anyone had problems

The diablo tuner works great for logging data and making limited tweaks to WOT fueling/timing. I really is an interface that is setup for loading tunes usually developed by a professional tuner. If you have no intention in developing your own tune and are fine with using the canned tunes or want your car tuned by a pro (either over email or at their shop) then diablo fits the bill.

I personally outgrew my diablo tuner and now use HP tuners (requires a dedicated laptop or windows tablet) which takes time to learn but you literally can change anything in your tune...from when WOT fueling/spark kicks in to turning NN completely off and running open loop (not for the faint of heart). Here is a link to give you a taste of what is involved in tuning with HP tuners.

·
Vendor
12,220 Posts
The diablo tuner works great for logging data and making limited tweaks to WOT fueling/timing. I really is an interface that is setup for loading tunes usually developed by a professional tuner. If you have no intention in developing your own tune and are fine with using the canned tunes or want your car tuned by a pro (either over email or at their shop) then diablo fits the bill.

I personally outgrew my diablo tuner and now use HP tuners (requires a dedicated laptop or windows tablet) which takes time to learn but you literally can change anything in your tune...from when WOT fueling/spark kicks in to turning NN completely off and running open loop (not for the faint of heart). Here is a link to give you a taste of what is involved in tuning with HP tuners.

tuning is not for the amateurs, especially if forced induction is involved

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,812 Posts
tuning is not for the amateurs, especially if forced induction is involved
Most FI tunes are done with NN on which greatly simplifies things. Although I have it even easier with a manual transmission. What makes it difficult is most guys don't install a wideband so WOT fueling can get tricky. Heck, most don't even make changes to VVT or increase airflow tables which is why most FI tunes suffer from the throttle "light switch" effect. Sure it's not easy especially if the only tuner interface you have used was Diablo but it is not that bad once you read up on the subject. What IS even more difficult is getting tuners in the know to talk...but I understand some of those guys tune for a living so I respect their right not to disclose what they have learned so I don't push.

IMO FI tunes are not as bad as trying to tune a big cam where you need to generate good logs (here is where having access to a dyno is gold) to get the VE tables set up correct...not to mention getting idle and transient fueling dialed in. I am no pro by any means but I get by especially since I don't do this for a living.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts