Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Browsing. Looking at parts available to us as upgrades but I had a few questions. First things first I’m admittedly (mostly) a car idiot but I’m not stupid so I have that going for me in a 1st time quest.

Has anyone installed the Edelbrock intake manifold Victor EFI? Does it clear the stock hood on a 19 scat pack? Is there claim of 25hp real? Mind you, money is just an object to me so if $1000 is a fun project and learning experience so be it, I’m not building a race car here so I don’t care about price per HP or track performance. I came across this tidbit in the instruction manual:

Side note as paste isn’t working: @A Guy why the hell can’t I copy and paste?? Upload a photo i guess.

so I’m reading this as the car needs to be tuned if you’re planning on installing this.

BBK throttle body. How is everyone liking that who has installed it? Seems like a cheap mod to get a few extra ponies and improve overall performance? Differences between the 85-90mm? They mention it’s probably okay without a tune to do the throttle body but again it mentions tune.

thanks for any input!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,856 Posts
Testing (copied from the pdf instructions):

WIRING: This manifold is NOT intended for installation on vehicles with OEM active runner controls.

ENGINE CALIBRATION: An OEM engine calibration and OEM 80mm throttle body is required for emissions controlled vehicles. A custom calibration is required when installing the OEM Hellcat 92mm throttle body which is allowed for race vehicles or for engine swaps into pre-pollution controlled vehicles only. It is never recommended to install this manifold without a proper engine calibration

Paste sure works for me? What browser are you using? OS? I'd post with details in the Community section for the Admins if you're having issues.

A Guy

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Testing (copied from the pdf instructions):

WIRING: This manifold is NOT intended for installation on vehicles with OEM active runner controls.

ENGINE CALIBRATION: An OEM engine calibration and OEM 80mm throttle body is required for emissions controlled vehicles. A custom calibration is required when installing the OEM Hellcat 92mm throttle body which is allowed for race vehicles or for engine swaps into pre-pollution controlled vehicles only. It is never recommended to install this manifold without a proper engine calibration

Paste sure works for me? What browser are you using? OS? I'd post with details in the Community section for the Admins if you're having issues.

A Guy
weird! Yeah I’m using IOS 13 safari. Thanks, I’ll do that!

·
Registered
551 Posts
The manifold will also require new fuel rails. It will certainly need tuning , as there are no variable runners on the ebrock. You will gain peak Hp but probably lose a bit of tq. It’s a nice piece , but not very different than the already proven 6.1. That to me was a fun project. I ported and gasket matched it myself with my 5 year old a die grinder, drill, and some long steel files :) On my 426, I picked up 28 peak Hp but lost 4 peak tq, but my curve is flat like a table and the car performs excellent. The tb alone will not do much , but if you are going down this road of performance, it will play a role when mods are combined. I run an 88mm Arrington.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The manifold will also require new fuel rails. It will certainly need tuning , as there are no variable runners on the ebrock. You will gain peak Hp but probably lose a bit of tq. It’s a nice piece , but not very different than the already proven 6.1. That to me was a fun project. I ported and gasket matched it myself with my 5 year old a die grinder, drill, and some long steel files :) On my 426, I picked up 28 peak Hp but lost 4 peak tq, but my curve is flat like a table and the car performs excellent. The tb alone will not do much , but if you are going down this road of performance, it will play a role when mods are combined. I run an 88mm Arrington.

correct, I did see the fuel rails tidbit on their website. What do you mean already proven 6.1? I’m new to most of this so I’m not aware what everyone’s been doing over the last few years!

gotcha on the TB, so not much benefit unless you’re going to go all in on the car. I really don’t want to tune anything until long after the car warranty has run out. Just looking to have a little fun and learn a little bit without doing anything extensive.

·
Registered
551 Posts
correct, I did see the fuel rails tidbit on their website. What do you mean already proven 6.1? I’m new to most of this so I’m not aware what everyone’s been doing over the last few years!

gotcha on the TB, so not much benefit unless you’re going to go all in on the car. I really don’t want to tune anything until long after the car warranty has run out. Just looking to have a little fun and learn a little bit without doing anything extensive.
The 6.1 is typically the go to manifold for guys running any type of forced induction. I found one with rails and TB for 400$. Which is a steal , you just have to search and be patient. Then I did all the porting myself , again I like to do as much as I can myself. So that was a trip:)
Without doing anything extensive, there’s really not much that will make any impact, without tuning. If you want to go with no tune , I’d say get yourself a step colder set of spark plugs and run a 75hp wet shot plate kit. You WILL feel the power and no tune required ( however any larger than 75 and tuning is recommended). All in shouldn’t cost you more than 1000-1500.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts