Dodge Challenger Forum banner

181 - 186 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
I am sorry but again...500RWHP (rear wheel HP) out of a 5.7 with large throttle body, edel intake and a stage 1.5 cam?

There are NA guys that have done cam, heads and headers that don't get that. Below are 2 examples.

In stock trim a 5.7 puts out ~330RWHP...so we are taking about a 170HP gain out of just a cam and intake? Although running nitrous will get you there. At best I would guess a cam, headers and heads will get +100 to 120ish HP gain.

I could see a 6.4 hitting 500RWHP with a cam and head work but a 5.7?
Eric's SRT 392 Charger (essentially a stock 6.4L)
Tim's 2011 6.4L Shaker Challenger (cammed 6.4 L...still shy of 500)
I have to agree with the above. My car with all of it's Mods (Before I put on the Edlebrock) was only at 405WHP/410TQ. Even with a 15 - 20% drive train loss, that would only put me at 460 - 475hp at the crank, pretty close to 500, but i've gotten almost every conceivable drop in mod done... I should probably get it dyno'd again with the Edlebrock, but doubt i'll see much difference.

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
500 Posts
Well it sure does look nice. lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Howdy folks, I’m kinda late to the party. Just got this car as a graduation gift to myself and I’m extremely eager to get this intake manifold, has anybody seen any solid results? I keep reading everywhere that this mani is not the greatest for N/A applications and is geared more to forced air induction users. I’m on the fence about it, I don’t really wanna lose low-end power. What is everybody else’s take on this? Hope somebody sees this lol

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
500 Posts
You are correct. I've only read this just isn't worthwhile if you plan to stay NA.

·
Registered
360 Posts
At this point, unless you have supporting mods, or a blower like a procharger, you probably won't see any gains on a stock engine. You will have some bling factor in the bay, but without any supporting mods, you may lose in the end. I'm still on the fence about going with a s/c, or even stroking her upto a 6.4, but do I regret getting the manifold? Nope, I just see it as another stepping stone for more power eventually. Just gotta make it through the pandemic first, then I can decide if I want to stroke and/or s/c her.

Reactions: Infidelgunner

·
Registered
215 Posts
So are there any dyno results for a 5.7 with mods with the victor? I have a 5.7 with 392 cam,ported heads, shorties, high flow cats and a cat back. Interested to know if the victor will net under the curve power and peak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

181 - 186 of 186 Posts