Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Expensive is all I know.

Try Fast Engines in Edmonton or check in with CCMR performance in Spruce Grove.

Both are on my "check out" list but haven't had the time to look into it yet

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'll bring some life back to this thread. Hopefully it helps out the next guy that is looking for a performance shop in Edmonton. I looked around for awhile trying to find reviews on shops and I would considerate it a waste of time, not many posts out there. I just wanted to get my car dyno'd and tuned. I choose Moretto because they were the only shop that had a spot in the Edmonton Auto Show. It was either them or CCMR, which I have heard some good things about. At Moretto, they took me for a tour of the shop and showed me the projects that they have on the go along with the various rooms for building and testing cars/engines. The shop was clean and they had some higher end projects in progress. They called me so that I could witness the last dyno which was awesome to see. I've heard of other shops not letting the customers watch runs. They did find problems in the tune and were able to correct the issues. I was looking to increase the boost and they advised that I should wait until I get some long tube headers. One good quality is that they didn't try to sell me parts or put my engine in a position that i could start seeing issues. Huge difference in how the car performs and I would recommend them to the next guy.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Expensive is all I know.

Try Fast Engines in Edmonton or check in with CCMR performance in Spruce Grove.

Both are on my "check out" list but haven't had the time to look into it yet
I've checked out both and Fast Engines is gone and I've heard that CCMR has issues too.

I had some work done at the new shop DKW and it was a overall good job guys but with disappointment in the end when the their gravy train was near the end. The car came out with things not working, loose bolts, improper torqued nuts, incomplete work and I got the impression they rushed to get it out of the shop. Extremely slow to get work done on time. Disappointed to say the least. I'm almost afraid to look elsewhere and find more things on the car. Definitely had no desire to take the car back to repair there mistakes.

I think, in time DKW will improve their quality control and they are talented group. Morretto didn't become the shop they are today without growing pains too.

Glad to see the review on Morretto Motorsports as I believe they have the experience from doing it before. But they are expensive still. But the old saying is:
I'm paying your shop rate for your experience and expertise; not for you to learn how to do it on my dollars.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts