Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everybody,
So i went to the LX Springfest in Irvine, CA this weekend and was inspired to finally lower my 2010 Challenger R/T w/6spd pack. So i tossed it around in my head whether to go with the pro or sportline. After coming to conclusion i just purchased the eibach pro plus kit on amazon. Comes with the pro springs, shocks, front and rear sway bars. Got a pretty good deal at $920 shipped with the sales tax included...

Anyways, i've talked to a couple different people with a couple different results. Dropping the challenger with the eibach pro kit will i have any camber issues??? If so, can they be adjusted at an alignment shop with the stock parts or will i need to purchase some camber adjustment kits???? I know eibach makes camber adjustment kits as well razors edge motorsports and a couple other companys, i know Pedders sells a bushing kit for maximum adjustment. I'm not trying to go crazy and turn this thing into a track car. I just want my alignment within spec so it handles well and i won't have any uneven tire wear.

Do i need a camber adjustment kit and if so, what's the best route to go???? One guy also mentioned getting bump steer kit. Has anyone had any bump steer problems, and if so what's the best way to go on that route? Trying to do my homework first before i start tearing into it.

-Frank

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
I personally went with coilovers and lowered it a bit more than the springs would've done, however I do know of others that have done the Pro and Sportline springs and they had to get camber bushings for the rear.

This review also states the same regarding alignment issues - http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f79/eibach-pro-kit-springs-sways-dampers-review-83148/

The factory suspension has zero camber adjustment, which is why you need to go to the aftermarket if you want to get the camber back in spec after lowering. You shouldn't need adjustable UCAs in the front, so all you'd need are 2 pairs of SPC 66050 camber bushings for your alignment shop to install based on what their equipment says. The bushings are not adjustable once installed, so this is why the alignment shop should do it. If you only need to add, say, 0.80 degrees then the bushing gets pressed in to add that. If it needs to be readjusted then the bushing needs to be pressed out, rotated, and then pressed back in.

The other option is to go with Speedlogix/Razor's Edge adjustable rear UCAs. They are quite pricey but adjustment is a breeze once installed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm only concern is. .. With normal wear over time will those camber bushings in the rear start to turn or twist and go out of adjustment?

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
Hmm only concern is. .. With normal wear over time will those camber bushings in the rear start to turn or twist and go out of adjustment?

They shouldn't, they're pressed in there quite tightly and shouldn't move at all over time.

Sent from a cool, little device from the future.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts