Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the front Eibach sway bar yesterday and took it out for a test drive and I have to say the biggest change I notice is the recovery from the turns. It also doesn't roll as much and it's on the lighter setting. There's a tight exit off the highway where I get off in the evening after biking so will see how it feels. I'll move it to the tighter setting tomorrow and test again to see the difference in both settings before I decide which setting to keep it on.

·
Super Moderator
15,591 Posts
the inner holes (higher roll stiffness) will have it act sooner and will provide more anti-roll / body lean effect.

I've always said that sway bar / stabilizer bars are the most effective item that reduces body roll.

There's been all the posts about the strut tower braces - its the stabilizer bars that do all the work.

I have the SP Wide Body (front and rear) bars on order to install on my '16 SPS - waiting for those to come it.

I had changed sway bars on my former '09 and it made a significant difference.

This go - around I've kept mine stock as I didn't want to deal with the re-lubing maintenance that poly bushings require - my front bushings needed this about every 15 - 18 months as they'd groan / squeak when the grease dried up.

Now that the WB bars are out (hollow in front is confirmed) I can get a larger bar and shave off 6#. The rear bar is larger (22mm) vs. my OEM one that's 19mm.

the rear bar is more work - as you have to unbolt & lower the IRS cradle by 4" to access the stabilizer bars' brackets and remove it from the top of the cradle (which I've done in the past)

Reactions: JavierA

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I've always said that sway bar / stabilizer bars are the most effective item that reduces body roll.

There's been all the posts about the strut tower braces - its the stabilizer bars that do all the work.
This is correct. I've been trying to get a certain vendor (that steals designs and charges ridiculous shipping) to learn the difference for some time. Selling people something to "prevent body roll" that only negligibly helps with deflection is dishonest and uninformed.

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
After installing do you need a alinement?

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
Thanks , year of your Challenger, where you bought your sway bar , thanks

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
Thanks you

·
Super Moderator
15,591 Posts
This is correct. I've been trying to get a certain vendor (that steals designs and charges ridiculous shipping) to learn the difference for some time. Selling people something to "prevent body roll" that only negligibly helps with deflection is dishonest and uninformed.
yep - if there was that much deflection in the body (strut towers) the windshield would probably break free of its adhesive or door glass would move around in the seals. Or hood edges would contact fenders. This doesn't happen.

my '60s and '70s Mopars - talk about body flex and torsional rigidity. My roadrunner had stress cracks in the skins of the A-pillars. I had put urethane end links on the front sway bar and the police bushings / brackets on the rear -

going around corners you could hear the door strikers rattling on the latch. The 4 door Fury HT (no B-pillar) was pretty flexy as well

There might be extreme cases with all-out auto-crossing, but for the street...no.

I had a friend that had a BMW Z3 M roadster - those had body flex and had a STB from the assembly line. The Z3 coupes were entirely different - more rigid body structure.

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
Going to be installed Friday
674E4579-52DE-4C21-B042-0850DA232743.jpeg
1534B3E4-E7F3-4FF8-9A82-E5C961CC5A0D.jpeg

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
The firmer setting is which hole ? The back hole .? Just want to make sure

·