Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eibach PRO-SYSTEM-PLUS kit, 28112.680

2015 Challenger SXT

Spec says rear will drop 1.5" however we are experiencing a 2.0" drop.
Rear camber is off more than 1.5, that is beyond the range of adjustment on the bushings, so rear springs will have to be changed.
I may end up cutting the OEM springs if Eibach does not honor their warranty.

Rear stabilizer bar is 19mm whilst the OEM is 22mm, so this part is clearly a mistake.

So far I'm on my own on correcting these issues.

I have not received any reply from Eibach since last week. I sent an email to them this morning.

I will keep you posted on further developments......

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Heard back from Eibach today. They are starting a case. I will provide to them pictures and measurements, also proof of purchase. Hopefully we can get this straightened out.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,771 Posts
Bummer, hope it all works out for you

A Guy

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
More of a pain than anything else. Just want to get it sitting right so I can get it aligned and be done with it. Measured last night, center of wheel to lip on the fronts is 16" and the rears are 15".

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh Dear Lord help me....
Eibach now says it's likely I put the rears in the front, front in the rear.
This is not physically possible.

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Looking at my 16 SXT I see your issue. My front sits a little lower and my back a bit higher then yours. Eibach did my install

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
just realized you picked up the pro kit plus. I only had Eibach do the springs Part# 2895.140

I am really surprised Eibach does not throw in the Pro-Alignment Camber Bushing into this Kit. They know that the Challenger SXT will be out of spec maybe not a lot but it will be out of spec.

You may find that if you put in the OEM Dampers back in the rear, it may sit back up a little higher. I just checked the measurement on my SXT from the Wheel Rim to the fender is 4.75" Rear and 5" Front (these are 20" wheels). For the most part the car looks even but I do remember after bringing it back from the install the front was sitting a bit higher. My Scat Pack sits 4.5" Front and 5.5" Rear (Wheel Rim to Fender), The rake look is so much better in my opinion. I would like to see a little bit more drop on the front for my SXT. I think I'll drive around the block to Eibach and bring both Chalengers and throw a little b****.

See photos here

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
So... Got the tires mounted last night. While they were off I took pictures of the springs and sent them to Eibach so they can dismiss the silly theory that I somehow managed to switch the fronts and rears. :headbang:

With the taller tires on the back the car sits better but still too low, also super obvious camber on rear, so much so that we need significantly more spring to get within the 1.5 degree adjustability of the eccentric bushings.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
I had the Pro Street 2's installed the last 8yrs in my SRT. The only caveat for alignments is since I'm close to slammed, I have to find a flat alignment rack or get it done on the ground old/new school style. I just upgraded to the R2 yesterday, and again use the same process.

It's truly unfortunate you are having so many issues.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Continuing with the Ei-bacle... Trying to get Eibach to wrap their head around the possibility of me just sending back their defective parts in exchange for the A arms and eccentric bushings...

I used a formula to to cut the OEM springs. I took the too short Eibach springs out, as well as reinstalled the OEM 22mm stabilizer bar, as they have already admitted that their 19mm bar is wrong for this car.

Ride heights are all now 16" from center of wheel to fender lip.

Before we started, the OEM suspension was at 17".

Kit was supposed to drop front 1.4" and rear 1.5"

Actual drop was front, 1" and rear 2"

They are really dragging their feet on doing anything to help.

I've attached pictures from today showiing OEM springs against the Eibach springs, before and after cutting.
Also sway bar comparison, and finally the finished product.
All done now except the alignment.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
I’m having almost the same problems with my sxt drop was too far in rear close to 2” and not far enough on one side in the front. What was the formula you used to cut stock rear springs if you don’t mind me asking.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
If you still have issues, you should try F1-Fabrication for additional adjustment parts.

·
Registered
8 Posts
They are are sending me new springs so we will see how that goes. Thanks for the info though just in case I need it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts